Community
Wiki Posts
Search

White Hart Lane to Vicarage Road

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

White Hart Lane to Vicarage Road

We are going to try to see two premier league games on the same day. We will have about 2:45 to make the journey fom Tottenham to Watford. TFL gives the following route: overland to seven sisters, victoria line to Euston, London Midland to Watford Junction, 20 minutes walk to the grounds. I've been to a Spurs game before and seem to remember the queue for the train being quite long after the game, and then the seven sisters change also to be time consuming.

Does anyone have thoughts about other options? Will I be able to find an uber after the game and would it be prohibitively expensive to get to Watford? Any clever bus or other routes that might save time? Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Use Citymapper on your iPhone or Android. That will give you all the options and clever routings.

As to going in cars, the traffic leaving one stadium and arriving at the other will be impossible and it would probably take much longer. Also Ubers are not bookable so are a risk if you must be somewhere. A pre-booked minicab would be better.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:16 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Rather than wait for the (relatively infrequent) commuter service from White Hart Lane station (where you may well not fit on the first train), you may be better off walking for 20 minutes to Tottenham Hale station. You can then take the Victoria Line to Euston and the fast London Midland train from there to Watford Junction.

If there's a London Overground train headed back towards London as you reach Watford Junction, you might as well jump on that one stop to Watford High Street, which will take your walk down to 10 minutes.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks stut. It also looks like the walk directly to seven sisters isn't that bad either if it's a nice day -- plus it's a straight walk so harder to get lost!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You don't say when this is or what day but I assume a Saturday or Sunday.

So check bith the TFL and national rail Enquiries websites for advance notice of engineering works. Both usually have the next three months work plugged into the journey planners.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Thanks stut. It also looks like the walk directly to seven sisters isn't that bad either if it's a nice day -- plus it's a straight walk so harder to get lost!
I'd also recommend doing this - lots of Spurs (and visiting) fans do the same - the capacity of the Victoria line is significant here, with Tube trains running every 2/3 minutes.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
COYS

Chris
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You don't say when this is or what day but I assume a Saturday or Sunday.

So check bith the TFL and national rail Enquiries websites for advance notice of engineering works. Both usually have the next three months work plugged into the journey planners.
Will do -- good tip. It's a Saturday.

Thanks all!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
Indeed there is not a huge amount of time saved by walking to Tottenham Hale rather than 7 sisters and the way is slightly trickier. OTOH, there will be many more people walking to 7 sisters and it will be easier to get a seat on the tube if taking it at Tottenham Hale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.