Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Work trip to Edinburgh in March. (4-5 days to explore.)

Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

This is my first post on flyertalk, so any advice is appreciated. (or if there's a better place to post this request, let me know!)

My wife, 6 month daughter and myself will be in Edinburgh for a work trip at the last week of February. We hoped to spend a few days someplace in western Europe (or a short, cheap flight away) for 5 days of R&R once work is done.

As February isn't really the ideal time to explore Scotland with an infant, we were looking for suggestions on where might make for a relaxing, interesting visit. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Welcome to FlyerTalk

I have moved your thread into the UK and Ireland forum, where you will be assured of a faster response and an abundance of options to consider.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance
The zoo might fit what you want
Old Jan 24, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
the visit Scotland website offers a host of possibilities.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Andy Reider

As February isn't really the ideal time to explore Scotland with an infant, we were looking for suggestions on where might make for a relaxing, interesting visit. Any ideas? Thanks!
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
the visit Scotland website offers a host of possibilities.
Sounds like the OP wants somewhere other than Scotland (due to weather?).

Cheers.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Andy Reider
This is my first post on flyertalk, so any advice is appreciated. (or if there's a better place to post this request, let me know!)

My wife, 6 month daughter and myself will be in Edinburgh for a work trip at the last week of February. We hoped to spend a few days someplace in western Europe (or a short, cheap flight away) for 5 days of R&R once work is done.

You should take a look at the Discover Destinations feature on http://www.google.com/flights. Put in EDI for the departure city, Europe as your desired destination, and probably select "nonstop". I don't know your definition of short and cheap, but you could get to the beach areas of Alicante and Faro in around three hours and several hundred dollars or cities like London or Amsterdam in 90 minutes or less for less costly airfare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.