Wiki Posts
Search

London Cheap Eats.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
London Cheap Eats.com

For 8 months last year I took time off work to travel with my partner all around the world , on many great flights and in many great hotels, all thanks to the great info from the FT community!

Half way into it we realised after all the expense we were not going to have too much money to go out and enjoy the great London dining scene as before so we got thinking and a new website was born. Hopefully it may be useful to those of FT, whether you’re living in London, there for a vacation or just making a quick business trip.

May I introduce LondonCheapEats.com, the ultimate insider guide to dining out on a budget in London for £8 and under, reported, written and captured by a select group of some of the city’s most prolific food writers, food photographers and intrepid culinary explorers. It will focus on independent establishments and London-centric chains so no Subway and McDonalds etc

It’s just kicked off with new entries and features being added all the time. We’d love to hear your feedback or any potential new Cheap Eats that haven’t been covered yet.

All links and social media below, any shares, likes and tweets etc are greatly appreciated!

Happy Eating!

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @LDNCheapEats
Instagram: @LDNCheapEats
Facebook: /LDNCheapEats
Hashtag: #LondonCheapEats
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:09 am
Original Poster

For all you hopeless romantics, a guide to the top 5 Valentines cheap eats in London has been added to the site

http://www.londoncheapeats.com/news/...valentines-day
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Just been featured on Sky Scanner, a few eagle eyed FT'ers might have already read it.

Looking at cheap alternatives to London's best restaurants:
http://www.skyscanner.net/news/resta...t-restaurants/
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks for the post, will be travelling to LHR next weekend and make use if this.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS,BA,HA,UA
Originally Posted by yokozuma
For 8 months last year I took time off work to travel with my partner all around the world , on many great flights and in many great hotels, all thanks to the great info from the FT community!

Half way into it we realised after all the expense we were not going to have too much money to go out and enjoy the great London dining scene as before so we got thinking and a new website was born. Hopefully it may be useful to those of FT, whether you’re living in London, there for a vacation or just making a quick business trip.

May I introduce LondonCheapEats.com, the ultimate insider guide to dining out on a budget in London for £8 and under, reported, written and captured by a select group of some of the city’s most prolific food writers, food photographers and intrepid culinary explorers. It will focus on independent establishments and London-centric chains so no Subway and McDonalds etc

It’s just kicked off with new entries and features being added all the time. We’d love to hear your feedback or any potential new Cheap Eats that haven’t been covered yet.

All links and social media below, any shares, likes and tweets etc are greatly appreciated!

Happy Eating!

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @LDNCheapEats
Instagram: @LDNCheapEats
Facebook: /LDNCheapEats
Hashtag: #LondonCheapEats
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS,BA,HA,UA
Hmmmm!

Looks tasty! I will try it when visiting this summer.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surfmission
Looks tasty! I will try it when visiting this summer.
Great let us know how you get on. There will be plenty of new additions by then!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Entries on the map have been added every week since March.

Plenty of options for anyone visiting London over the festive period.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
You need to update Jerusalem Falafel in Soho / Berwick Street market. They now charge a flat £5 for 4 falafel ball, no 3 or 5 ball option anymore. Still good value, as I found the 5 ball option kept me going from lunch to midnight (great when going on the lash after work!) and the 3 ball one a good size. The 4 ball one means I have a smaller dinner and don't have it as often (3 visits in a week is my record).

I think its called Moro, just down from JF is worth a visit and mention on your site. More options in their range of salads in their wraps/boxes plus the option of chicken, lamb, haloumi or courgette balls.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dddc
You need to update Jerusalem Falafel in Soho / Berwick Street market. They now charge a flat £5 for 4 falafel ball, no 3 or 5 ball option anymore. Still good value, as I found the 5 ball option kept me going from lunch to midnight (great when going on the lash after work!) and the 3 ball one a good size. The 4 ball one means I have a smaller dinner and don't have it as often (3 visits in a week is my record).

I think its called Moro, just down from JF is worth a visit and mention on your site. More options in their range of salads in their wraps/boxes plus the option of chicken, lamb, haloumi or courgette balls.
Excellent, thanks for the update and tip on Moro! It's now on the ever growing list to check out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.