Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Check in desks in Flight Connections LHR?

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Travelling back from DXB last week, I wondered if I could use the flight connections centre at LHR to connect to my LHR-ORK flight without a boarding card. I usually interline so this is not something I'm used to. I had no checked baggage, and would have been going from T3 to T2.

I had plenty of time to go landside and go back through security, as I wasn't sure what to expect at FC - I doubt all airlines have a desk there where I could get a boarding pass? Or do I not need a boarding pass if I stay airside, and then could've just visited the airline desk in T2 departures once through security?

Is there any hard and fast rule, specifically for LHR (and in most cases, the airline would be EI)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
That's what the airside airline flight connections desks are for - to give you a boarding pass when you don't have one on a connection!

When you arrived in T3, you could've followed the purple Flight Connections signs, the Flight Connections T2/T4/T5. You'd have taken the bus to T2, then there are airline desks before security where you could've got your onward boarding pass (1 ticket or 2, it's the same). IIRC T3 has the airline desks after security, every other terminal does it before

You'll only find desks for airlines based in that terminal - there's no BA desk in the T2 flight connections area for example!

Have a look at the Heathrow flight connections page for details
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
You'll only find desks for airlines based in that terminal - there's no BA desk in the T2 flight connections area for example!
That's the bit I wasn't sure about. I had considered going up to check it, and then if I need to go land side, I could, but it's good to know the desks are there for my next non-interlined trip.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by psychokilla
That's the bit I wasn't sure about. I had considered going up to check it, and then if I need to go land side, I could, but it's good to know the desks are there for my next non-interlined trip.
Even interlined pax don't always get a boarding pass or sometimes cannot even check in for the onward sector. That's why there are desks there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.