First time to London/Paris - need advice/suggestion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time to London/Paris - need advice/suggestion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
Ahh, right, probably the difference between availability of a "saver" award vs. a full priced award.

At least on the way home, I'd recommend looking at a flight from Paris to London. Time it so you get in to LHR a couple hours before your transatlantic flight. Otherwise, with train and ground transportation to LHR, you may even need to leave Paris the day before your flight home (depending on when it departs LHR).

Some of the low cost airlines in Europe can be very reasonable. I haven't flown that route, but it's worth looking at it and comparing cost and schedule to the train.
Our plan is to catch a flight from CDG-LHR the night out before our flight home the following morning. We're staying at the HGI near LHR. Wasn't the ideal situation not being able to fly out of CDG, but the Saver level definitely made this possible. Had this been anything other than our honeymoon, I might have just booked economy instead.
Air France was about $80-90/person one-way.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by JBord
[...]
At least on the way home, I'd recommend looking at a flight from Paris to London. Time it so you get in to LHR a couple hours before your transatlantic flight. Otherwise, with train and ground transportation to LHR, you may even need to leave Paris the day before your flight home (depending on when it departs LHR).

Some of the low cost airlines in Europe can be very reasonable. I haven't flown that route, but it's worth looking at it and comparing cost and schedule to the train.
There aren't any low cost airlines per se (i.e. LCCs) who fly from Paris to LHR itself - that said, fares offered by the old school ('legacy') airlines on this route, BA and Air France, can be pretty reasonable (especially when booked well ahead).

Originally Posted by sig05
Our plan is to catch a flight from CDG-LHR the night out before our flight home the following morning. We're staying at the HGI near LHR. Wasn't the ideal situation not being able to fly out of CDG, but the Saver level definitely made this possible. Had this been anything other than our honeymoon, I might have just booked economy instead.
Air France was about $80-90/person one-way.
Sounds like a good plan. What you paid for the CDG-LHR flight seems OK too.

Last edited by Mizter T; Nov 23, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.