Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Will 4 adults plus luggage fit in a single London taxi ("Black Cab")?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Delta Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum

I am trying to determine if 4 adults plus 4 duffle bags will fit in a single cab for a trip from LHR to St. James Park. If so, how crammed will we be in the back as I don't think all of the luggage will fit next to the driver and in the trunk?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
This shares a little info

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...taxi-take.html

http://www.londonblackcabs.co.uk/About.html

If you want something larger than look at someone like

https://www.addisonlee.com/booknow/p...FYu6GwodqMMLDw
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Maybe go for a 6-seat cab, which is a Mercedes Vito van. They have more space than the traditional LTI-built black cabs, and are still "proper" London taxis.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
But the short answer is yes unless the duffel bags are enormous.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:15 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It would be cheaper and more comfortable to book a suitably sized minicab/car service.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by EJS464
I am trying to determine if 4 adults plus 4 duffle bags will fit in a single cab for a trip from LHR to St. James Park. If so, how crammed will we be in the back as I don't think all of the luggage will fit next to the driver and in the trunk?
Yes, you'll all fit. A London taxi can accommodate up to 6 passengers - the normal arrangement for the traditional vehicles (i.e. not the Vito) is five seats in the back cabin, two of which are tip-down seats (facing backwards). A couple of duffle bags in the boot, and a couple with you on the floor, or one up front next to the driver - no problem.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
We traveled to London in August and we didn't have any issues with out luggage. There were 3 adults and one toddler and we had a ton of luggage. We likely had more luggage than you because my wife apparently thought we had to recreate our toddler's playroom in our London apartment. I'd take the recommendation of other posters, arrange for a taxi pickup just to avoid any confusion or unnecessary frustration
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mizter T
A London taxi can accommodate up to 6 passengers ... A couple of duffle bags in the boot, and a couple with you on the floor, or one up front next to the driver - no problem.
Not to be pedantic, but it's five passengers and a driver.

I doubt you'll fit any real duffle bag into the boot of a Black Taxi; they're tiny (and usually full of the driver's crap, like seven old thermoses of tea.)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EJS464
It'll be cramped and relatively uncomfortable, those taxis are built for short journey comfort. I suggest arrange a proper transfer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.