Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow - Options for storing bags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Hey folks,

I'll be landing at LHR on Saturday, early in the morning before 8am. I have a connecting flight that doesn't leave till 6pm so I'd like to go hit up London for a bit.

Do I have any cost effective options for storing bags? I could get a room at Yotel but would be a waste of money I guess.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are left luggage facilities in most if not all the terminals. Cost is something like £10 per item per day

Details on the LHR website
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:42 pm

If you have a connecting flight, your bags will be checked through, and you won't see them.
If however, you have a separate flight on a different booking reference that happens to leave on the same day, you'll need to collect them and use left luggage.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Another vote for either through checking bags or left luggage.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Different airlines so won't be able to have checked through luggage unfortunately.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Different airlines so won't be able to have checked through luggage unfortunately.
Is it possible the onward airline will accept the bags as checked luggage many hours early? Otherwise just do left luggage and enjoy the city. As a tip, I'd suggest doing left luggage at the terminal you'll be departing from, so you're not forced to figure out how much extra time it'll take to schlep the bags between terminals before check-in and departure.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Microwave
Is it possible the onward airline will accept the bags as checked luggage many hours early? Otherwise just do left luggage and enjoy the city. As a tip, I'd suggest doing left luggage at the terminal you'll be departing from, so you're not forced to figure out how much extra time it'll take to schlep the bags between terminals before check-in and departure.
It's British Airways and I'm flying Club World. Not sure if they'll allow me to do what you suggest but it's worth investigating.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Are you arriving or departing on BA in CW ?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:57 am

If your onward flight is on BA Club World, you can drop your bags starting at 05:00 for any flight that day. Be sure to go to the terminal from which you're departing (either 3 or 5) to do this, then look for the Club World check-in area.

Sources:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rt/heathrow-t3
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rt/heathrow-t5
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Are you arriving or departing on BA in CW ?
I arrive LHR Saturday at 7:40am on Virgin Atlantic
I depart LHR Saturday at 6pm on BA in CW
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:10 am

Should be no problem to take your bags directly to BA and check them in, then come in to London for the day. Enjoy your trip
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Microwave
Should be no problem to take your bags directly to BA and check them in, then come in to London for the day. Enjoy your trip
Sweet, you da man!!! Thanks brother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.