Search

YYZ or EWR for short overnight layover?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
YYZ or EWR for short overnight layover?

Given I can't think where else to post this, thought the BA forum might be as good as any as BA fly to both airports

So, given the option of landing at either airport on an international flight at 9pm to do customs formalities, get to an airport hotel for a few hours sleep then back to the airport for a 7am/8am departure (again international for both, not Canada->USA) would Toronto or Newark be the better bet?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Well it ended up in the UK destination thread for some reason!

Go with the airport that best suits your onward travel arrangements and arrival at your next destination.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yep intended to post this in the BA forum.

Problem is there's really nothing in it at all. I think the YYZ route gets to the destination 45 mins later...
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
YYZ has the Sheraton onsite at Terminal 3. Slightly easier than dealing with shuttles, particularly if you want to pop outside for coffee and a doughnut.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by big_mac
YYZ has the Sheraton onsite at Terminal 3. Slightly easier than dealing with shuttles, particularly if you want to pop outside for coffee and a doughnut.
Thanks - that might be enough to nail it. The Marriott at EWR is right there but it's still a shuttle job. Don't think it's sensibly walkable.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I find that the Canadian immigration formalities are less unpleasant than the US ones, with shorter waits, and, on departure, Canadian security arrangements are less unpleasant than US ones. And, in particular, EWR is a horrible airport in almost every respect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.