Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hotel room near gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

hotel room near gatwick

just looking for advice on booking a hotel room near Gatwick airport for 1 night , be flying out next morning , free breakfast be great , and free trip to airport be great if hotel has it, be coming from London ,so something near the train or bus whatever be best way to get there, not looking to spend lot if I can help it , any info be great , tks.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:21 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, there's the Yotel and Bloc hotels in the south terminal, and the Premier Inn adjacent to the north. All are decent options.

The station is adjacent to the south terminal, but there is a free shuttle train every few minutes between the two.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hampton Inn connected to the North Terminal is a solid bet; all rates include breakfast.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I've spent a few nights in the Premier Inn at the North Terminal (there are a few in the area - I meant the one across the road from the terminal and inter-terminal shuttle). It's pretty new and you'll likely get a midweek breakfast rate for £80 or less.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:26 am

Regarding Premier Inns and Gatwick, there are several in the area that incorporate 'Gatwick' as part of the hotel's name - see the list here.

The only two actually on the airport estate are the aforementioned "London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal)" and also the "London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way)", actually on Longbridge Way.

However the only one actually right next to the airport is the North Terminal hotel - it's literally just across the road from the entrance to the main terminal building.

The A23 Airport Way/ Longbridge Way hotel Premier Inn isn't actually very far away at all from the North terminal either, but it's one if those places marooned by a road network that makes scant provision for pedestrians, so the advised way to get to either of the terminals is by a shuttle bus (runs every 20 mins, costs £3).
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
If the airport hotels aren't working for you (unless you're able to walk, none will offer free transport AIUI) you might want to check out options in Croydon. It's half way between London and Gatwick. It's also in zone 5 of the London travelcard area so you can get that far with an Oystercard, then buy a paper ticket for the rest of the way the next morning.

I see there's also a Travelodge opposite Redhill Station - again many of the London to Gatwick trains stop there.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Gatwick is unique in having a huge number of hotels connected to the terminals or walkable. Hampton, Bloc, Yotel, Premier Inn - there is NO reason for staying anywhere else. Even if it was cheaper off site, the cost of transfers and the wasted time mean it is a bad choice.

Hampton has free breakfast and earns Hilton points.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
If the airport hotels aren't working for you (unless you're able to walk, none will offer free transport AIUI) [...]
Unlike the other Premier Inns, the North Terminal one really is right next to the terminal building itself - and from there there's the frequent (and free) transit train to the South Terminal (which is where the railway station is).
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Always nice when you find a recent thread on the exact question you had! Have the delight of an 8.05 departure in a few weeks, so airport hotel definitely on agenda. Vacillating somewhat, with Hampton at £76 on hotels.com (so about £65 net of topcashback, welcome rewards etc.) vs. £49 for the Premier Inn w/o breakfast. Ruled out Hilton at South Terminal as don't even want hassle of the monorail in the morning.

Given timings and lounge breakfast options (don't think Diamond does much at Hampton) am thinking Premier Inn makes more sense for me - if anybody wants to tell me I'm an eejit (on this point specifically, not more generally!) please do so
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Diamond at a Hampton should get you a snack and a water!

But also one more stay towards requalifying, and there's a current 4x BA Avios offer with Hilton at the moment, sign up for that and set your Double Dip to BA and you'll earn a few hundred avios too, plus some HHonors points
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Diamond at a Hampton should get you a snack and a water!

But also one more stay towards requalifying, and there's a current 4x BA Avios offer with Hilton at the moment, sign up for that and set your Double Dip to BA and you'll earn a few hundred avios too, plus some HHonors points
Not if booked through Hotels.com though.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nux
Not if booked through Hotels.com though.
Thanks, ended up being somewhat academic as Premier Inn went up by £20 (must have been a 30 day advance purchase thing)
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a Sofitel at Gatwick as well that I stayed in and found to be OK. No one seems to have mentioned it yet for some reason.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's a Sofitel at Gatwick as well that I stayed in and found to be OK. No one seems to have mentioned it yet for some reason.
Probably because the OP specifically said that she didn't want to spend a lot, and the Sofitel is by far and away the most expensive hotel at LGW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.