Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Best hotel redemptions for a family of 4

Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub

Family of 4 (kids 5 and 7) visiting London in late May 2016 for 3 nights/4days. Are there are good hotel redemption for a family using points? Just wanting to stay in one of the tourist locations.....We just used a lot of miles to book flights from the US-London-Paris-Dubai, and now trying to figure out what hotel points we should start saving?
Thanks for replies!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Which points?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
In general, all of the big chains will have SOME London hotels where the basic room level can fit 4 people.

You will be limited to a handful of hotels from each chain, of course.

In terms of numbers, IHG is the biggest chain in London followed by Hilton and Carlson (Radisson Blu). I have redeemed with all of these chains for rooms for my brothers family of 4 when he was visiting London.

Club Carlson is particularly good as they offer family rooms that sleep 4 for additional points at many places. Park Plaza County Hall and Park Plaza Westminster Bridge are well placed for many top tourist spots.

The easiest thing to do is look on the websites for each chain for a random night a few months ahead, select reward nights, select 2 adults and 2 children, and see how many properties appear.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
I have about 300k hilton, 200k amex, and 250k chase and other small amounts in hotel chains. I have 9 months so i can book something refundable now and then focus on accruing a certain type of points by then.
I have been looking and each chain is a lil different in what they allow to be booked with points for their family rooms. I thought i found a great Marriott at 35k a night, and then realized it had a $100GBP fee per night....
Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Also have a look a Premier Inn - it's a huge chain of hotels, mainly in the UK. Lots of rooms sleep 4 and although it can be perceived as a 'budget' chain, I'd say it's on a par with Holiday Inn. They also have some very well located sites in London. Booking this far out could yield some bargains (and they have refundable rates, too).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.