Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Good meeting point at Stansted (international arrivals)

Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus

Can someone help me please?

I am setting up a single meeting point at Stansted International Arrivals for several people (to then be met by a driver, who may not be able to be there waiting as folks come out of customs).

I am struggling to find a good quality map (that I can take a screen shot off for the meeting instructions). Here is on, not too bad: http://mobilemaplets.com/showplace/9531

The meeting point should ideally have seating close by, and be free (i.e. not inside a cafe).

Is BHRC still a sound suggestion for this? And is it still at location 16 as indicated on the map above (other maps show a different location, and I can't find a map actually on the airport webpage).

For Heathrow, this was so easy, I am kind of surprised. And yes, I know Stansted is small, we don't need much, but these instructions are going to teens and their parents for the teens to travel unaccompanied, so I'd like to give more instructions than if just meeting another adult.

Thanks!
DanishFlyer
Old Jul 27, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: hertz gold #1
burger king is just as you come out and where drivers wait to meet , id say hang out there or grab a cola and take a seat , theres not loads of seating in the airport from memory

its not a big place once outside of customs , if youre dead against a cafe then maybe say near a certain car rental desk?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:15 pm

As you leave the customs hall, Burger King is to your left and Costa Coffee to your right. There are always meeters and greeters with name boards outside the arrivals exit within the terminal.

The car rental desks have all been moved to a 'village' just off the airport since 8 May, connected by a free shuttle bus. You could wait there .... or maybe ask the person meeting you to come to the reception of the Radisson Blu hotel next to the terminal building (though there may be an access charge for the car) or to another of the hotels near the terminal ... I believe there are shuttles to the Hilton, the Holiday Inn Express and the Premier Inn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.