Reload this Page >

Protest On Runway At Heathrow Airport - 13 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Protest On Runway At Heathrow Airport - 13 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:25 am

In fairness it is near to impossible to man every metre of the perimeter fence. And as anyone who has passed along the Bath Rd will know, it is not a long distance between the fence and runway surface.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33503167

The BBC has a picture of the whole in the fence.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:50 am
Suspended

They should be arrested as soon as possible and send to court to be charged with trespassing, anti-social behaviour and endangerment of public safety.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
BA562 to PRG has been delayed by about an hour, it was 6 hours when i woke up, so it seems to be getting better.

landings on the south runway appear to be normal from what i can see from the CX lounge in T3
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Why not just leave them there. Did they bring any water?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
While I defend their right to protest, I would ask them not to interfere in anyway with my life!

That means don't stop or delay any flights... Protest outside the terminal entrance! Don't make it too loud either otherwise I might want to thump you!

Now get your ... off the runway!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
BA562 to PRG has been delayed by about an hour, it was 6 hours when i woke up, so it seems to be getting better.

landings on the south runway appear to be normal from what i can see from the CX lounge in T3
Yes the South unaffected, but departures out of Europe into LHR will likely be delayed and this will knock on to departures later in the day.

Originally Posted by chongcao
They should be arrested as soon as possible and send to court to be charged with trespassing, anti-social behaviour and endangerment of public safety.
They can likely be charged with more than that with far higher tariffs. Possibly The Air Navigation Order.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Trespass is not a criminal offence in England so they can't be arrested for it. It would be up to HAL to bring a case in the civil courts.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:05 am

They are celebrating my birthday
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: BAEC
aggrevated tresspass, where you trespass on land and prevent or obstruct the lawful activity of those who use the land, is a criminal offence, punishable by up to 3 months in the pokey.

Given the sensitivity of the site, they probably fall under the broad definitions of the various counter-terrorism statutes.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Perhaps they were simply frustrated by FastTrack on a Monday morning?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: ECH Gold
Totally agree with you, and the airlines and HAL should then pursue their organisation and the individuals for compensation as many peoples holiday/ business plans have been disrupted. Airlines have had to cancel some flights.

Why are we so soft on these people, just water cannon them straight away!

Last edited by cuspidor; Jul 13, 2015 at 2:16 am Reason: Spelling mistake !
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Isn't there an opportunity to spin this as another argument in favour of the 3rd runway?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by kered
Far better would be to use those snow ploughs
Looks like HAL were listening to your suggestions!

Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:31 am

Hope HAL takes them for every last penny they cost today and the courts send them down for a few months. Breaking into a major airport and impacting the use of the runway is not on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.