Wiki Posts
Search

No1 Traveller vs Aspire Edinburgh Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
No1 Traveller vs Aspire Edinburgh Airport

Havinf just renewed my priority pass I am keen to try out these new lounges. I have used Aspire Manchester and was impressed with the alcohol and the loyalty card which seemed to be like they were paying me to use the lounge!

How does No1 Traveller compare? I'm looking to do some work but also to have some breakfast and maybe a few drinks. What has the best selection of food/drinks? Where are the toilets located ?

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
This isn't very BA related so will probably get shunted elsewhere on the forum, but I was in the No. 1 traveller at EDI a few weeks back and it was fairly pleasant. Toilets are in the lounge if I recall correctly. Its quite open-plan but there are desks you can work at.

In general No 1 lounges tend to be very consistent across locations in terms of their offering and are better for food (although personally i'm not a fan of what they serve, too greasy or salty for my liking, and their bistro menu portions are teeny-tiny) and have a nearly proper bar service (soft drinks/coffee you have to sort yourself). Aspire are much more hit and miss and are quite often under staffed. I haven't tried them at EDI before.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
In EDI, both Aspire and No1 are very pleasant lounges, and both recently refurbished.

Neither have toilets inside.
(Only the BA lounge does - previously the bmi lounge).

No1 is larger, brighter and less busy, but slightly less selection of f&d, with food being ordered from a menu and one item allowed per person. (v small portions)

Aspire is smaller, and more densely packed with chairs, tables, booths, and often busier. But f&d is slightly better, and on the counter to help yourself. The bacon rolls at breakfast time are delicious..

I go to Aspire if I'm peckish, and No1 if I just want to quietly relax.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I order breakfast in No.1 (eggs Florentine or Benedict or some variation, I find the grease and the salt to be a most excellent start to the day) and then go to the BA lounge for a newspaper if I have enough time. I've never actually bothered with Aspire but it sounds like it might be better than I thought.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 2:09 am

I haven't been in Aspire since its refurbishment, but have been happy enough with No. 1 Traveller. Bacon rolls are a bit fatty, but draught Peroni makes up for most things.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
I haven't been in Aspire since its refurbishment, but have been happy enough with No. 1 Traveller. Bacon rolls are a bit fatty, but draught Peroni makes up for most things.
You may well have sold me at the draft Peroni!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

No1 Traveller Lounge Premium Spirits

Hello

I was wondering if someone could tell me what premium spirits No1 Traveller offer? I am flying out of Edinburgh and am deciding either to go to Aspire or No1 Traveller or BOTH!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:47 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Threads merged for ease of reference. Please continue the discussion here.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:15 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Bump. Any more recent thoughts on which lounge in EDI is better?

11:30am departure, so probably won't be drinking too much...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.