Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow television documentary, ITV, Thursday

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Heathrow television documentary, ITV, Thursday

New documentary series beginning on ITV on Thursday evening at 9pm: 'Britain's Busiest Airport - Heathrow'. Doesn't seem to be scheduled for all regions, but can be picked up on ITV Border if necessary.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:31 pm

I think it's just a case of 'not Scotland', i.e. STV aren't showing it.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 12:52 am

Not really sure this could be called a documentary ... I found it more of an 'infomercial'.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Alsacienne
... I found it more of an 'infomercial'.
And a comfortably fluffy one as well
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

I learned nothing new. What was the point of this when it's all been covered before? I honestly thought I was watching repeats at one point, it was all so familiar (even the same staff were featured)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I liked the B787 that was arriving into the gate being service. It started as a B787, switched to a B777 at one point, then gained 2 engines to become a B747. I think it may have actually been a B767 as well.

Also, when they were watching the screen for the first arrival into T2, they were actually watching a departing B747... which arrived as a UA 757.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

I should have watched with more than half an eye - sounds like it was more entertaining than I thought!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ABZGirl
What was the point of this when it's all been covered before?
Extremely cheap to produce so, despite poor ratings for a dull programme, makes sufficient advertising $ to make an absurd profit for a piece of trash.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
And this is why I like the licence fee...
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
very interesting insight to security. no wonder why passengers call them idiots! the security guy was wondering why people carry stuff they cant use on the plane in their carry-on

Also, another passenger was stopped for carrying to many chargers!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 4:50 pm

Just catching up on this today. I frequent LHR and have NEVER:

1. Seen medics on bikes inside the terminal building

2. Experienced or even seen gate staff wandering around the terminal looking for their missing passengers (and apparently just asking random people if they're on their flight)

3. There was a third thing, but it escapes me at the moment
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I've certainly seen the cycle ambulances and airlines often wander around, although not always in Duty Free in my experience.

It was OK as a series, no revelations but accurate in terms of using staff from sub-contractors to do the work that used to be done by airline direct hires.

It just struck me how many families have members who work there - worth remembering when everyone discusses closing Heathrow. It did also point out, quietly, how we as passengers can be less than understanding sometimes!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
These sorts of things are always dumbed down - same as the Dubai Airport one thats had two series on National Geographic.

The baggage handler who said he'd never been inside an A380 has been given a tour of the aircraft and tickets to Dubai on Qantas.

http://your.heathrow.com/bba-feature...r-and-tickets/
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Just catching up on this today. I frequent LHR and have NEVER:

1. Seen medics on bikes inside the terminal building

2. Experienced or even seen gate staff wandering around the terminal looking for their missing passengers (and apparently just asking random people if they're on their flight)

3. There was a third thing, but it escapes me at the moment
If you watched the BBC BA documentary then they were doing that as well. Even down to askign random people who apparently looked like they were flying to the destination!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If you watched the BBC BA documentary then they were doing that as well. Even down to askign random people who apparently looked like they were flying to the destination!
Really, it's like searching for a needle in a haystack if it's T5A. Perhaps at the extremities of T5C. But the reality I suspect is that it's done for the cameras to show that they are doing everything possible to find the people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.