Reload this Page >

Dublin Airport hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Airport hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 7:56 am

I spent a weekend in Dublin recently and stayed at Bewley's Hotel not only because I could use their airport shuttle plus the 747 bus to get into the centre easily and get a room for a fair price. But one of the great advantages of this hotel is that the shuttle operates 24 hours a day and is free of charge. No worry about a 04H30 check in for our return flight ... a good sized bus and a charming driver (on every occasion).

The rooms are very nice, the beds incredibly comfy and the 'can do' attitude of the staff most refreshing. I can thoroughly recommend staying here.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC
I recently stayed at the Hilton. The free shuttle to the hotel was unavailable as it had been reserved for crew (incidentally from my LHR BA flight). I was asked to wait for alternative transport (taxi van) which would be "5 minutes", took just under 30. This was annoying and did not make a good impression for the hotel (or BA), I imagine this happens frequently assuming crew typically stay in same hotels. The shuttle to the airport (2 Euro) was much better, one van was absolutely packed, second van drove me like a private hire. So, I agree the 2 Euro for reserving a seat and time was worth it.

The hotel was fine, typical Hilton. Clean bathroom, OK bedding and TV. Biggest complaint lack of free internet (ridiculous rate like 20 Euro a day if you're not HHonors member). Breakfast was hit and miss: good juice options but no espresso, good bread, croissant, etc. but only crappy prepackaged cheese, greasy eggs.

2 minutes walking distance from huge Tesco and bus stop going to town center are the main reasons I'd consider staying again. For a similar price, I'd stay at a real airport hotel next time if there for 1 night and if longer than a 2 night stay definitely closer to town center.
Old May 8, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Ahh ... the Hilton/Tesco mirror of the T5 Sofitel/M&S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.