Hilton Garden / Hatton Cross from Heathrow T2/T3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K (3.52MM BIS miles) AA EXP (3.64MM)

Can I use the Heathrow Express to get from T2/T3 to Hatton Cross for free....to stay @ the Garden Inn ?
I've looked at all sorts of links but don't feel like I've found a definite yes/no answer.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:25 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The Heathrow Express doesn't serve Hatton Cross - only the Underground. And the Underground doesn't let you travel to Hatton Cross for free - you need to pay (although if you have a contactless-enabled credit card, you can do so by simply tapping the card on the barriers).

For free travel, you can get local buses from the central bus station for free, as per this map.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As stut suggests, local buses are your friend. Buses depart from the Central Bus Station (which is in a complex in the middle of T1, T2 and T3 and well signed from all three terminals), take bus 285 from there 8 stops to the Envoy Avenue stop, you'll be right next to the Hilton Garden Inn. Buses run roughly every 10-15 minutes, and an app like Citymapper will show you live bus arrival times so you can avoid standing around and waiting. This is the cheapest way to do it, otherwise one stop on the Piccadilly Line will get you to Hatton Cross station, with perhaps a bit more walking on either side of the journey than the bus would be.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Is that really easier than one stop on the tube, despite the fare?!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:45 am

There are 33 unavoidable stairs to go up arriving Hatton Cross station, in case this comes into the equation.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:20 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Raffles
Is that really easier than one stop on the tube, despite the fare?!
Originally Posted by jedikiah
There are 33 unavoidable stairs to go up arriving Hatton Cross station, in case this comes into the equation.
The lack of stairs/escalators/lifts/ticket barriers required for the bus is why I suggested it, plus the bus will set you down closer to the hotel than taking the tube. Everyone is different though, so best to have options!
Old May 4, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I got the impression that you could travel on the tube for free with an oyster card, as Hatton cross is classified as a heathrow tube stop.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Smid
I got the impression that you could travel on the tube for free with an oyster card, as Hatton cross is classified as a heathrow tube stop.
That is incorrect. Hatton Cross can only be used as an interchange point, for example when travelling between Terminals 1,2 & 3 and Terminal 4 on the Tube. If you enter or leave the system at Hatton Cross then a fare will be charged. (At present £1.70 peak or £1.50 off-peak using Oyster or a contactless payment card)

See this map on the Heathrow airport website, and in particular the asterisked footnote about Hatton Cross.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.