Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T2B to T2A

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
LHR T2B to T2A

I have a United Club one-time pass and am flying from LHR-ORK on Aer Lingus tonight. Is it possible to get back from T2B (where the United Club is) to T2A (where Aer Lingus departs from) whilst remaining airside? Is it complex like T5?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I'm sure this is possible. (Just giving an answer as you're flying so soon).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: MUCCI
On a similar basis (you are flying tonight) from memory off the top of my head - I think it is no problem.

But it is a long walk! (It is long enough when you are going to the satellite and you have the moving conveyors, going the other way ... long walk)

Hopefully someone can confirm. I've not come back, but I do think it is possible.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Thanks both. I expect to arrive at 18:30 with a flight at 22:15 so it's worth the trek
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Yes it will be possible but it is a long walk. The moving walkways all go the opposite direction, as do the escalators so you will have to take the lifts at both ends of the walk. Allow 15 minutes if you are a fast walker.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
All the escalators and moving walkways go from T2A -> T2B. As such, you'll need to find the lifts to get down to the walkway from T2B (not amazingly well signposted, but they're near-ish where the escalators come up), then walk quite some way back towards T2A, then lifts up again into T2A. Oh, and then you're in one corner of T2A, and might have a long walk to your gate!

I'd say allow 15-20 minutes, especially for your first time doing it. (Even with practice and a very fast walk, I you'd still at least 10 minutes, probably a few more)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:01 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
All the escalators and moving walkways go from T2A -> T2B.
Not entirely true. The escalators and moving walkways you refer to are in the departure tunnel, hence they go in one direction. Those in the arrival tunnel go in the other direction. But since it is not possible to re-enter the arrival tunnel, you will have to return T2B -> T2A via the departure tunnel.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Yes, quite a trek but easy to navigate--best to download a terminal map off the LHR or star alliance lounge website before you go if you are worried about getting lost.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gspurr
Yes, quite a trek but easy to navigate--best to download a terminal map off the LHR or star alliance lounge website before you go if you are worried about getting lost.
To go from T2A to the United Club, just follow the signs for the B gates. To return to T2A, find the elevators for Airline service desks and go down to level -3 for the tunnel.

At the end of the tunnel you will see the elevators to the right of the escalators coming down. It should not be difficult to navigate.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Confirmed this was not an issue. When going in the "wrong" direction you need to use lifts rather than escalators and can't use the moving walkway, as explained above.

I was planning to say I might do this more often on Aer Lingus with the Priority Pass I'm planning to get... but UA club access is being enhanced on PP in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.