Wiki Posts
Search

DUB T1 to T2 connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
DUB T1 to T2 connection

I'm not too familiar with DUB. Am taking advantage of a cheap ex-DUB Emirates fare and positioning to DUB via BA.

I believe BA arrives at T1 and EK departs at T2. Is there an equivalent of 'Flight connections' or do I need to go landside and swap terminals?

Thanks,

BC
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The only time I did it, I tried to go through Flight Connections but was turned back, had to go landside, and outside, for the walk to T2
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Most of the time DUB requires Boarding Pass in hand before you can use Flight Connections in my experience.

This link shows the map of arrivals.

The connections setup seems to be only from T2 to T1 and not the reverse airside. There is a walkway outside between terminals.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks both, we've plenty of time so the short walk landside to T2 won't be an issue.

BC
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Having done the trip we ended up going landside between terminals both ways... I did question a DUB staffer about any form of T2->T1 airside connection but she said to use the landside walkway.

Not the easiest of connections when our inbound EK flight was an hour late giving us 40 mins to clear immigration (fast), find the walkway (slow, due to appallingly bad signage), run to T1 security (very slow at 7pm) and then find the gate (a bit of a step from security). Anyway, we did make the BA flight so validating my ex-DUB EK in F to AKL madness.

BC
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:16 pm

When I arrived at DUB earlier this week I noticed that as we arrived a lady was opening a door in the Immigration Hall which was marked 'Flight Connections Terminal 2' with a sign that appears to turn on/off.
Not sure what happens if you follow the sign, but you might want to look for it after arrival.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Markie
When I arrived at DUB earlier this week I noticed that as we arrived a lady was opening a door in the Immigration Hall which was marked 'Flight Connections Terminal 2' with a sign that appears to turn on/off.
Not sure what happens if you follow the sign, but you might want to look for it after arrival.
Has anyone got any recent experience with this mystery door? The missus and I will be doing LCY-DUB with BA on one ticket, then DUB-PHL 2.5 hours later with AA on a separate ticket. I gather there shouldn't be a problem checking the bags through (at least from what I can tell–it's within published MCT, and BA allow such through-checking), but I'd prefer to avoid immigration at DUB if I can route around it and head straight for the departure lounge at T2. Of course this all assumes that doing this is possible, so wanted to check on recent experiences before heading out; if we need to just queue up for the passport dance then so be it, not the end of the world.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Isn't the magic connections corridor after immigration? IIRC it led off from the baggage hall, so post-immigration passport checks, but pre "just keep walking through customs to the outside". Or is there a second one?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Isn't the magic connections corridor after immigration? IIRC it led off from the baggage hall, so post-immigration passport checks, but pre "just keep walking through customs to the outside". Or is there a second one?
Above, Markie mentioned a door in the immigration hall, which to me implies that you've not yet made it through the hall when you reach the door:

This is what piqued my interest.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Microwave
Above, Markie mentioned a door in the immigration hall, which to me implies that you've not yet made it through the hall when you reach the door:

This is what piqued my interest.
I have literally - and I mean that - only seen it open once. Every other time it has been closed.
There does appear to be some building works going on in the location of the 300 gates that BA use, but I am not sure what they're doing yet. Am back tonight so will see what I can see.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:06 am

I have literally - and I mean that - only seen it open once. Every other time it has been closed.
There does appear to be some building works going on in the location of the 300 gates that BA use, but I am not sure what they're doing yet. Am back tonight so will see what I can see.
Thank you for your offer kind sir. In any event, if we have to make the connection landside, it's not the end of the world.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Microwave
Thank you for your offer kind sir. In any event, if we have to make the connection landside, it's not the end of the world.
I am afraid it was not open when I got in on Thursday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.