Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Best place to stay at LHR for an early AM UA flight (LHR T.2)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to stay at LHR for an early AM UA flight (LHR T.2)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:19 am

@wrp96. Which terminal are departing from? Also T3?
As you'll have read from the posts earlier in this thread, the Sofitel is only convenient if you are using T5 and the Hilton if using T4. These terminals are physically miles apart from the other terminals, and neither of these hotels are especially handy for T3.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sofitel is a marginally shorter walk from the station in T5 otherwise there is nothing to call between them from a convenience perspective as it is a train to both from T3. Go with whichever is cheaper/preferred from a points perspective.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by BearX220
The T5 Sofitel is far worse, convenience-wise. Great for BA/T5, useless for any other mission. The only advantage to the T4 Hilton is that you can walk over to T4 via enclosed walkway, go downstairs, and take the free transfer train to T 1/2/3. From that platform it's a fair stroll to T2. You're probably just as well off going back to one of the person-kennels on the Bath Road or around Hatton Cross (where there's a new HGI that is not so bad).
Originally Posted by Raffles
Hilton Garden Inn (ex Jurys Inn) at Hatton Cross may work, just 1 tube stop and hotel is next to station. Check the time of the first train though.

It saves you the rubbish Hoppa bus and, if taking the tube to LHR the night before, saves you going into the airport.
I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few times this year so far and been very happy with it. A short walk to the tube station, but might not be so pleasant if heavy rain!!

Originally Posted by Mizter T
Piccadilly line - First and Last trains

All the First and Last Tube services can be found here.

The first train from Hatton Cross to Heathrow T123 is at 05:06 Mondays to Saturdays, and 05:47 Sundays.
Only 1 stop from Hatton Cross to T123.

Originally Posted by flatlander
I recommend the Arora or the Holiday Inn Bath Road/Sipson Road (careful, there are three in the area, this is the one you want). Take free local bus into Heathrow Central from the bus stop near either hotel then walk to T2. ...
The Holiday Inn Bath road/ Sipson Way was rebranded as a Leonardo Hotel about 2 weeks ago. Raffles covered it on his site here:
http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/03...throw-closing/
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:16 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by awcrounse
Hilton Paddington then take the Express to the airport
This is an awesome option. I did it last Friday and the Express is the only way to travel to LHR.

Also with the Hilton Paddington there is an exit directly onto the railway concourse so you don't even have to go outside.

Finally, when I booked at this hotel I received a discount voucher for the Express. Win/win for me.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Hilton Garden Inn (ex Jurys Inn) at Hatton Cross may work, just 1 tube stop and hotel is next to station. Check the time of the first train though.
I stayed at this HGI in late February, coming from a UA flight around 10pm. I booked this with only a little research, looking at the hotel descriptions/directions and proximity to the Tube.

It was my first time in the London area so I was very apprehensive! But it was so easy. Bought an Oyster card from the Heathrow ticket office (for future travel), only one stop to Hatton Cross, exited station and was about a 7 min. walk. It was night time and couldn't really see where I was going, but using my iPhone's map and compass features, it wasn't too much trouble finding the hotel.

Reasonable rate, great breakfast buffet, easy to get to the Tube. Comfy rooms. I highly recommend this HGI for near-LHR stays!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I would also suggest staying in walking distance of Paddington and doing the Heathrow express. You might as well enjoy your night in London.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Hvr
This is an awesome option. I did it last Friday and the Express is the only way to travel to LHR.
Well there are certainly less expensive ways. Newcomers may not know about the Heathrow Connect stopping service that travels the same line as Heathrow Express, makes about four intermediate stops, and costs half the price.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by BearX220
Well there are certainly less expensive ways. Newcomers may not know about the Heathrow Connect stopping service that travels the same line as Heathrow Express, makes about four intermediate stops, and costs half the price.
Yes, totally worth taking unless you are in a major rush.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have an 6am flight from LHR-ZUR departing from T2 on a Sunday morning and I am thinking of staying at the Renaissance.

The first Hoppa bus leaves the hotel at 4:41. Will that get me there early enough? I am not checking a bag. I can't imagine that the airport will be too busy at that time. I guess that I could take a cab or stay at a hotel in the airport if time is an issue.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Ignore the Hoppa - it's overpriced and unnecessary and often slower!

See http://www.heathrow.com/file_source/...d_Heathrow.pdf for the free local buses. At that time of the morning, any of bus 111 bus or 285 bus or N9 bus or 105 bus from by the hotel on Bath Road will take you to Central Bus Station, between T2 and T3, for a short underground walk to the terminal. Buses every ~5 minutes even at 4am!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by sbgmiles
I have an 6am flight from LHR-ZUR departing from T2 on a Sunday morning and I am thinking of staying at the Renaissance.

The first Hoppa bus leaves the hotel at 4:41. Will that get me there early enough? I am not checking a bag. I can't imagine that the airport will be too busy at that time. I guess that I could take a cab or stay at a hotel in the airport if time is an issue.
Normally empty that early on. T2 probably the most efficient LHR terminal and the LHR - ZRH gates are not a long walk from security.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.