Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

The 'no-go zones' of Birmingham and London...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Who knew, eh? Be afriad, be very afraid...

Video clip from Fox News...

...and some responses, collated by the Huffington Post.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:54 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hmm. Makes me think of this (admittely on the paranoid side) short segment by Adam Curtis (of 'Power of Nightmares' fame) on the recent "2014 Wipe":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy8uLjRHPM
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Why do people still believe what Fox News (or MSNBC, for that matter) have to say?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This is the most ignorant, xenophobic thing I've ever seen. Emerson used to be a legit commentator, years ago, until he went under contract to Fox.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
The single most worrying thing about this is the fact that this "expert" provides testimony to Congress. Not only does he discredit himself and Fox News but he's also making Capitol Hill look awfully stupid.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
From Twitter:

In Edinburgh, radical clerics call followers to prayer with the chant: "You'll Jihad yir tea." #foxnewsfacts
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, HiltonH, AA Advantage
I understand he's apologised.

"After being contacted by The Telegraph, Mr Emerson released a fulsome apology, saying he "clearly made a terrible error for which I am deeply sorry"...."

Trouble is many people believe what they watch on Fox. One of my US friends watches it as her main 'news' channel!!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The notion of "no-gone zones" in the EU for EU law enforcement authorities? I've not come across a more ridiculous notion unless the topic is about diplomatic venues.

Originally Posted by BearX220
This is the most ignorant, xenophobic thing I've ever seen. Emerson used to be a legit commentator, years ago, until he went under contract to Fox.
This Emerson has been a xenophobe even before his contract with Fox.

Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:09 pm

What's a no-go area? I can guarantee you there are streets in big European cities where cops tend to show up only in numbers because it's pretty likely they're going to be attacked. A lot of that threat comes from Far Left anarchists who consider some streets "theirs". But there's also some housing estates where certain gangs have enough power that if the cops go to arrest someone who might be part of such a criminal entity they have to show up in bigger numbers because they would probably be ambushed.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:27 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Where are all these left-anarchist controlled streets? Bet their residents' association meetings have a low turnout.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Already a long thread about this moron:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-...or-expert.html
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by stut
Where are all these left-anarchist controlled streets? Bet their residents' association meetings have a low turnout.
For example, Christiania in Copenhagen, Exarcheia in Athens, Hafenstrasse in Hamburg and from what I know various occupied properties all across Germany (e.g. "Koepi" in Berlin). Those areas aren't generally no-go areas for a regular person but for cops it's a different story. And the police will typically avoid going there to avoid escalation (a riot never looks good) hence why a lot of those zones are generally known as places to score pot and other drugs.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by GUWonder
This Emerson has been a xenophobe even before his contract with Fox.
Full disclosure: I knew the guy and worked occasionally alongside him a long time ago, during Gulf War #1, and he was not like this then, in his pre-Fox period. It's as if they indoctrinate you when you sign there.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 9:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
For example, Christiania in Copenhagen, Exarcheia in Athens, Hafenstrasse in Hamburg and from what I know various occupied properties all across Germany (e.g. "Koepi" in Berlin). Those areas aren't generally no-go areas for a regular person but for cops it's a different story. And the police will typically avoid going there to avoid escalation (a riot never looks good) hence why a lot of those zones are generally known as places to score pot and other drugs.
Police go into all of those areas too, and Emerson is either clueless or so desperate for attention -- and its related almighty dollars -- that he'll peddle any myth of his choosing against those demographic groups he likes to communally blame for crimes in the world.

http://m.cphpost.dk/news/police-in-m...raid.8880.html is not alone in being subject to raids and other police actions.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel
From Twitter: "You'll Jihad yir tea."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.