Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

How to get from University of Edinburgh to University of Stirling

Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

I will be studying at the University of Stirling, but for the first three days that I will be in Scotland I will be staying with a friend at the University of Edinburgh.

I am a little confused on all the transport in the city. What is the best way to get from University of Edinburgh to the University of Stirling with all my luggage?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:00 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hi Mlana,

Welcome to Flyertalk.

You have a few options, depending on exactly where you're going (Edinburgh university has a number of locations).

The train is fastest, taking 50 minutes from Edinburgh (Waverley or Haymarket) to Stirling. You'd need to take a bus or taxi either end. It runs every half hour and costs up to 8.30.

There is also the Citylink bus service (timetable here) which takes 1h10, but has the advantage of some services going directly to Stirling University. It runs every hour (with 3 per day going to the university) and costs up to 8.

The final option is the Megabus, which is actually the Citylink bus, but they resell cheap seats on http://megabus.co.uk/ You could only get it to Stirling city centre, however, but 2 fares are easy to come by.

For blow-by-blow directions, http://www.travelinescotland.com/ is very useful.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
It also depends where your friend is living. Presumably they aren't staying on campus, so are someplace in the city (i'm guessing not Pollock Halls). The between city options are as stut describes; if you can give more info about where you'll be in Edinburgh, we can advise on within city info.

Also, be aware that University of Stirling is an out of town campus. I don't know what the transport options are at that end, but the university will likely have that info if no-one on here can help.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Mlana,

http://www.stir.ac.uk/about/getting-here/#

Gives details for transport to the university. There are a large number of buses from Murray place ( close to the railway station) to the university.

With luggage it would be better probably to get a taxi from Stirling railway station to the university.

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.