Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Manchester T3->T3 connection?

Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, FB, Exec Club, SPG

I'll be arriving in Manchester Terminal 3 on Ryanair and leaving again on KLM. I'll have my KLM boarding pass and only hand baggage. Do I need to go out to Arrivals and back in again, or is there a route that will keep me airside?

Thanks in advance for any local-expert advice!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Bluestar
I'll be arriving in Manchester Terminal 3 on Ryanair and leaving again on KLM. I'll have my KLM boarding pass and only hand baggage. Do I need to go out to Arrivals and back in again, or is there a route that will keep me airside?

Thanks in advance for any local-expert advice!
No airside option, I believe.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Spooky! I was asked the same question yesterday. I use Manchester a lot, so I'm embarrassed to say my reply was that there must be some way to avoid getting spat out of the system. I could be wrong (it's happened before).

So I hope we'll get a post from someone with direct experience.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:24 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The image on this article:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....t-were-6352467

implies that there is a transfer route in T3, although it's not clear if that applies for CTA arrivals too (I assume from your location you're arriving from Ireland?)

Actually, wasn't the whole "Manchester loophole" fuss about airside transfer between T1 and T3 (international to domestic)?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 4:39 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm not familiar with T3 but I've seen at least two Flight Transfer signs in T1. The Flight Transfer for passengers arriving in T1 is on the left just before passport control if you are coming from 2x-3x gates or opposite the escalator coming down from the lower numbered gates. Transfer passengers departing from T1 seem to come up from the lower level in the same lift that takes you up to the lounges.

Transfer without entering the UK must be possible but like other posters I have no direct experience.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
If the Ryanair is International, there is a Flight Connections route available and marked in T3 arrivals. No idea how it works, though!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, FB, Exec Club, SPG
Thanks for the replies! Yes, I plan to be arriving from Ireland (although I'd have thought that CTA -> International, or indeed domestic UK -> International, would be a theoretically much easier transfer path than the reverse as there is no need to provide for entry-to-UK/CTA passport control).

I'll post if I find an answer (or have direct experience to report) but any other input would be very welcome!

Thanks!
B*
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:43 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Ah - if you're coming from Ireland you'll be dumped in the arrivals baggage reclaim area without a transfer route, as you skip passport control. You'll need to go back upstairs to clear security again.

Most likely you'll also make the 20m from plane to door by bus!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.