Search

Gatwick via M25/M23

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Gatwick via M25/M23

So, does anyone have any recent experience of Farnham-M25-M23 to get to Gatwick at about 0530-0600 (it will be a Friday morning), I am told that it is a bit of a mare on the M25 and M23, it is regularly on the radio, ans I am thinking of going cross country from Farnham. I would welcome any thoughts comments on this.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Obviously what happened last Friday isn't (or shouldn't be) par for the course when part of the motorway collapsed.

I've driven from Guildford to Gatwick cross-country and the roads aren't great - lots of twists & turns through small villages so that's going to be a lot slower.

If it was me I'd leave 30 mins earlier & go round the M25.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
That time in the morning is comfortably ahead of the rush hour. Barring accidents etc. it should be fine.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, I have done the route a lot over the years but at the moment most of the roads in the south seem to have roadworks on them.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I think you should be fine. I've lived in Aldershot and Camberley, so know the area.

Trains exist. Have you considered going from Guildford or North Camp for example?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnarly
I think you should be fine. I've lived in Aldershot and Camberley, so know the area.

Trains exist. Have you considered going from Guildford or North Camp for example?
Yes, done it from North Camp and Blackwater, driving works best this time. It's just those roadworks on the M25 overnight and the M23 ones that have me a bit worried, but I will leave a little earlier. No-one has said "avoid like the plague" so am feeling better. In the past I have done it loads of times but that has always been roadwork free surprisingly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.