Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Passport Control Wrote on my Passport Stamp

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Heathrow Passport Control Wrote on my Passport Stamp

Hello All,

Earlier this year I travelled through LHR as a non rev for a few days, and when I went through customs, I was asked pretty much the normal amount of questioning. Nothing too out of the ordinary. When I looked at my passport stamp though, in the top left corner, the agent wrote either 17 or 7, and circled it. Anyone know what this means?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm not sure, but did this happen at immigration, or were you stopped at customs? I'm assuming the former - they are two separate things
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by flyhockey135
Hello All,

Earlier this year I travelled through LHR as a non rev for a few days, and when I went through customs, I was asked pretty much the normal amount of questioning. Nothing too out of the ordinary. When I looked at my passport stamp though, in the top left corner, the agent wrote either 17 or 7, and circled it. Anyone know what this means?
I have a V on one of my stamps and an IT on another as I was just transiting but went through customs as it was a T4-T1 transfer and there was no line at customs.
Cheers
Howie
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:05 pm

It's how they ensure the pens work
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

sorry yes it was passport control.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:33 am

It was the winning power ball number I do hope you played it and did not waste this valuable information
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by Airbridge
It was the winning power ball number I do hope you played it and did not waste this valuable information
I played it on number 5 in the 5th race at Cheltenham.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyhockey135
When I looked at my passport stamp though, in the top left corner, the agent wrote either 17 or 7, and circled it. Anyone know what this means?
Code 7 is a specified departure endorsement which is very rarely used except in the case of crew in transit who may not otherwise be considered admissable. There is no Code 17 that I am aware of.

More likely, the endorsement is "IT" which is simply an abbreviation for "IN TRANSIT" and is a classification for anyone who intends to remain for less than 48 hours in the UK with no specified purpose other than en route to another country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.