Wiki Posts
Search

Best time to buy flights to London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta
Best time to buy flights to London

I run a small artist management company based in Metro Detroit. 2 DJ's on my roster have been asked to play every few months in London but they must front the money for their flights. This might be a simple question for most on here but can I get advice on times and places to shop for the cheapest flight?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
flights.google.com and ITA matrix can be great for searching.

Are you flexible on departure airports.

I would search something to the effect of DTW - LON (includes all LON area airports). Also, keep in mind the airports serving LON (LHR, LGW, STN, LTN, SEN) are not near one another and varied distances from London itself.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by rwoman
flights.google.com and ITA matrix can be great for searching.

Are you flexible on departure airports.

I would search something to the effect of DTW - LON (includes all LON area airports). Also, keep in mind the airports serving LON (LHR, LGW, STN, LTN, SEN) are not near one another and varied distances from London itself.
If it made sense Chicago airports are also an option for us. Thanks for the heads up on those websites too! The first shows start in March 2015 So that is my initial focus right now.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by detbookings
I run a small artist management company based in Metro Detroit. 2 DJ's on my roster have been asked to play every few months in London but they must front the money for their flights. This might be a simple question for most on here but can I get advice on times and places to shop for the cheapest flight?
And I may be stating the obvious, but you do have work visas in hand for your guys......
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If flying in economy class on fixed dates then as March is an off peak month for transatlantic leisure travel finding cheap fares won't be a problem. I much prefer booking through an airline site rather than through a travel agent. They are rarely more expensive and dealing with an airline is much easier should something go wrong.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by detbookings
If it made sense Chicago airports are also an option for us. Thanks for the heads up on those websites too! The first shows start in March 2015 So that is my initial focus right now.
Having done some generic fare seaches recently, I found much cheaper fares out of Toronto than from DTW or CHI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.