Search

Detroit Lions at Wembley

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Gold Member TURKISH Miles and Smiles
Detroit Lions at Wembley

As a long suffering fan of the NFL Detroit Lions I feel obligated to suffer
personally this Sunday October 26 when they play in Wembley Stadium.

My flight arrives from Riyadh at 5:30 am and I have booked a local Wembley Hotel.

Could somebody please advise the easiest/least expensive means of transport from LHR ?

Thank you very much
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I'm going, too!

I have an American wife who has never been to an NFL game (there isn't a team in her state so she has stuck to college basketball).

From LHR I would suggest the tube as least expensive: Piccadilly line to Green Park and then Jubilee Line to Wembley Park. The station is then really not far from the stadium (walk straight down Wembley Way).

Slightly faster may be Heathrow Express to Paddington and then tube from there (Circle/District to Baker Street, then Jubilee or Metropolitan Line to Wembley). This will be considerably more expensive, though.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
easiest and least expensive would be just to get the tube - cash fare would be £5.70 but £3.00 if you have a contactless bank card

If you want to do some other trips that day then a 1 day travel card would be £8.90

You won't save any time using the HEX but you'll certainly spend extra cash!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'll third the recommendation for the Tube being the easiest/cheapest.
It may help you to look at the TFL Journey Planner before you arrive:
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...T2?language=en
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:04 am

Think the first piccadily tube from T5 is about 0610 on a Sunday, and then every 10 mins or so. Should work for a 0530 arrival.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Use the tube.

Note: If you have a smartphone - get the Citymapper app - it is brilliant in London (and many other cities in the world.). You can use it on Wifi and it will save all the details of the journey options if you don't have/or want to use data.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by millenium94
If you have a smartphone - get the Citymapper app - it is brilliant in London (and many other cities in the world.). You can use it on Wifi and it will save all the details of the journey options if you don't have/or want to use data.
I can second that - the app is great!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Also in from Detroit and heading to Wembley shortly. Contactless amex has been working fine on the tube. I'm going to take the train to Wembley stadium and probably hit the Green Man pub. Go Lions!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by millenium94
Use the tube.

Note: If you have a smartphone - get the Citymapper app - it is brilliant in London (and many other cities in the world.). You can use it on Wifi and it will save all the details of the journey options if you don't have/or want to use data.
I'd third that. It's revolutionised my travel around London and I had previously thought myself an expert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.