Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-In Time for LHR-MAD-ORD Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Check-In Time for LHR-MAD-ORD Flight

We are staying at the Sofitel Hotel terminal 5 LHR since we have an incredibly early 6:20am flight BA to Madrid, Iberia Madrid to ORD. How many hours ahead do we need to check in for our flight out of LHR? Thanks in advance for the information.
Terri
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Seems a very roundabout and stress inducing way to get to Chicago.

The answer will depend upon a number of factors but you MUST go through confirmance at least 35 (IIRC) minutes before departure. If you don't you will go no further.

Beyond that, if you have a bag I believe it's 45 minutes (but that means at the front of the queue). Think an hour to be safe and ALLOW TIME fir the queue ahead of conformance.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Seems a very roundabout and stress inducing way to get to Chicago.

The answer will depend upon a number of factors but you MUST go through confirmance at least 35 (IIRC) minutes before departure. If you don't you will go no further.

Beyond that, if you have a bag I believe it's 45 minutes (but that means at the front of the queue). Think an hour to be safe and ALLOW TIME fir the queue ahead of conformance.
When I booked this flight it was for price. It is a one way flight as we are taking a transatlantic cruise to London. In hindsight I wish I would have thought this flight through and booked a round trip and using one leg, but now the cost of a change fee is too high to do anything now. So it is what it is. The flight is on one ticket and we change planes in the same terminal in Madrid 4s with a 2 hour window.I am trying to take the stress out of getting to LHR from the city center by staying at the airport terminal. I thought we needed to be checked in 3 hours before the flight. So I guess good news from that aspect.
Terri
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:16 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The more recent posts on this topic have been moved to a new thread, as the existing thread was several years old and out of date.

Please continue to follow this topic in its new thread.

stut
UK & Ireland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.