Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 to T4

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
LHR T3 to T4

What is the quickest way to get from T3 to T4? I only have 90 minutes after landing at T3 to get to T4.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:03 pm

If it's separate tickets then you aren't going to make it. If it's one ticket then you follow the signs to Flight Connections and let them push you in the right direction

You might want to help us by telling us the flight details
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Try this tool

http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...nection-guides
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Assuming all of your flights are on one ticket and any checked baggage is through-checked, on arrival into T3 simply follow the purple Flight Connections signs. You will take a bus to T4, go through security in T4, and then be in the T4 departure lounge. You remain airside at all times, and do not go through immigration or customs. 90 minutes is sufficient for this (although personally I would feel more comfortable with 120 minutes).

If your flights are not on one ticket and your baggage hasn't been through-checked, you will need to follow the yellow Arrivals signs at T3, go through immigration, reclaim your baggage, go through customs, and then take the free Heathrow Express train to T4. On arrival at T4, you would need to check-in again, go through security and you would then be in the T4 departure lounge. Your connection is very tight if you plan to do this, and I would be looking to get an earlier flight into T3 or later flight from T4.

Last edited by Genius1; Oct 16, 2014 at 3:08 pm
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Genius1
Assuming all of your flights are on one ticket and any checked baggage is through-checked, on arrival into T4 simply follow the purple Flight Connections signs. You will take a bus to T3, go through security in T3, and then be in the T3 departure lounge. You remain airside at all times, and do not go through immigration or customs. 90 minutes is sufficient for this (although personally I would feel more comfortable with 120 minutes).

If your flights are not on one ticket and your baggage hasn't been through-checked, you will need to follow the yellow Arrivals signs at T4, go through immigration, reclaim your baggage, go through customs, and then take the free Heathrow Express train to T3. On arrival at T3, you would need to check-in again, go through security and you would then be in the T3 departure lounge. Your connection is very tight if you plan to do this, and I would be looking to get an earlier flight into T4 or later flight from T3.
Caution that OP is actually transiting the other way around, T3 --> T4, so swap the references throughout. And I do not think 90 minutes is enough time to do the process laid out in para #2. OP did not say what his onward flight from T4 is, but T4 is mostly intercontinental longhaul and check-in for those services will have closed before he can get there.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BearX220
Caution that OP is actually transiting the other way around, T3 --> T4, so swap the references throughout. And I do not think 90 minutes is enough time to do the process laid out in para #2. OP did not say what his onward flight from T4 is, but T4 is mostly intercontinental longhaul and check-in for those services will have closed before he can get there.
Good spot, I have swapped the references. T4 has a number of short haul carriers (Air France, Air Malta, Air Serbia, Alitalia, Bulgaria Air, KLM, TAROM) where check-in would typically close 45 minutes prior to departure, so a T3-T4 landside transfer would be possible but extremely tight (and I wouldn't attempt it).
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:57 am

If it's an airside transfer, then 90 minutes is the minimum connection time from T3 to T4 so it'd be legit (definitely no dawdling though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.