Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

DailyMail Stereotype

DailyMail Stereotype

Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
Daily Mail online is almost everyone's guilty pleasure.
Sorry, I have even trashier depths to satisfy with onboard reading. Well, I did until the BA purser started her greetings routine with <I see you are catching up with "Hello!">.

Of course, i only read it to keep up with the names in the celebrities-on-board thread.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CX HK
So I have been reading it daily (for... research purposes ) and find that I often skip the article and go straight for the comments - it's quite a bit more interesting than the article itself most of the time. Am I the only one?
I don't think the comments section is actually part of the readership. In such terms I don't think they would buy the dm or any paper.

However there seems to be a situation of people reading papers online, which is good. However it appears some are more upset than he usual reader.

I was a little upset that the Times was taken subscription only. So I sometimes have to buy that paper.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by CX HK
[As a] US-news reader
The first US media outlet I'd (broadly) compare it to is Fox News (that's an observation, not an insult or a compliment).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.