Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving a bag at a LHR hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Leaving a bag at a LHR hotel

This is not BA specific so mods, please move if need be.

I have a trip back home to the UK next week to see family. I am returning via Prague as I can avoid a chunk of APD. I'll be flying LHR-PRG on 29th and back into LHR on Sept 2nd. Then out to IAH on the 3rd.

If I'm staying at the same hotel at the start and end of my Prague beer run, it would make sense to leave my big bag at the hotel and just take a small weekend bag on the side trip. Has anyone done anything like this or do I need to find a luggage drop at T3 ??
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:31 pm

In my experience, hotels seem more reluctant to do this than a good few years back. But you may get lucky. The only people who can give you a definitive answer will be at the hotel.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
In my experience, hotels seem more reluctant to do this than a good few years back. But you may get lucky. The only people who can give you a definitive answer will be at the hotel.
Thanks, I emailed a couple but no reply so far.

So, a bonus question for 10 points.
Are there left luggage facilities at T# <OP wanders off and googles>
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g1ant
Thanks, I emailed a couple but no reply so far.

So, a bonus question for 10 points.
Are there left luggage facilities at T# <OP wanders off and googles>
<OP wander back and answers his own question>
Yes there are. A fiver a bag for each day, or part of a day. For being able to save £25, I'll check the thing to PRG.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
This thread has been moved to the UK forum section from the BA forum as the topic is not specific to BA.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
<OP wander back and answers his own question>
Yes there are. A fiver a bag for each day, or part of a day. For being able to save £25, I'll check the thing to PRG.
T5 left luggage (which is just outside the domestic arrivals hall) is £10 for the first day and then £5 for each day thereafter.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Can't hurt to ask the hotel if you decide not to use left luggage. Other hotels, (the Kempinski Munich Airport immediately comes to mind) have done this for me many times.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:31 am
Original Poster

I got a reply back from the Sheraton, who say that I can leave a bag there as long as there is no food in it. That's the plan then. 2 nights at 7,000 Starpoints is a fair deal too for that hotel. Not the best at LHR, but acceptable for a quick overnighter.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I got a reply back from the Sheraton, who say that I can leave a bag there as long as there is no food in it. That's the plan then. 2 nights at 7,000 Starpoints is a fair deal too for that hotel. Not the best at LHR, but acceptable for a quick overnighter.
The Sheraton Skyline has such a program that it marketed in printed brochure form. I've not encountered many other hotels that have such a program for storing luggage that is so formalized that it has a printed brochure. I appreciate this service, especially given what the baggage storage facilities at the airport charges. That said, the program to freely store bags seemed oriented toward repeatedly returning guests rather than a baggage version of "park and fly" hotel rates.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I have done similar bag drops between different trips with a Hol Inn at LHR where I was staying at each end in transit (arctic gear left when flying to Cyprus for two days), but as I used to stay there once a week they knew me fairly well.

As previously referenced, there are left luggage drops at each terminal. They xray your bags going in and you get a receipt. I have used the T5 one within the last year for similar bag drops when I was in transit (temperate gear for two weeks in the UK in February when I was off to Kenya for two days).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.