Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Lines at T2 arrivals? And arrivals passage to T1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold

Hi all,

This thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...ce-lounge.html says that there's an airside connection between T1 and T2.

My question is whether there's also an arrivals connection -- and, if so, whether it's worth using it.

Here's the scoop: my partner will be arriving on a UA flight. I happen to have squirreled away one or two BA fast track arrivals vouchers, which I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) are only valid at T1, T3 or T5.

Is it worth trekking to T1 arrivals in order to use the voucher? Or is T2 arrivals sans-FT generally fairly speedy? (This is a Saturday morning around 7am.)

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There isn't a connection between the two for arrivals.

Even if they were I have read on other boards that on airline instructions LHR are tightening up on the use of fast track by ineligible passengers and that includes passengers having to show their BP to prove they qualify and just having the voucher is not enough - the airlines pay for the service and won't like paying for anothers customers

Plus how would your partner collect their luggage? That would take up far more than any time they would save in the immigration queue
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Plus how would your partner collect their luggage? That would take up far more than any time they would save in the immigration queue
Wise passengers don't check bags.

Thanks for your advice. Not sure what the point of FT vouchers is if they also check the boarding pass, though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.