Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Travel Time Between T5 and T2

Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am travelling from Dubai to London through British Airways (BA-108).
This flight will arrive at Terminal 5.

I have a next connecting Air Canada flight from terminal 2 exactly after 2 Hours 10 Minutes.

Is this much time between these two terminals enough for me to catch my Air Canada flight.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Have you booked this on one ticket or separate tickets?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Well the walk from T2 to just the exit can be a long one that's for sure. Approx 15-20 mins if you are a medium-slow walker.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Have you booked this on one ticket or separate tickets?

On one Ticket from New Delhi, India to Edmonton, Canada
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Well the walk from T2 to just the exit can be a long one that's for sure. Approx 15-20 mins if you are a medium-slow walker.
Thank you replying Silver Fox.

But I didn't get what do you mean by walk from T2 to just the exit. I have never been to Heathrow Airport.

From the airport website I found this information : 90 Minutes time
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes it is enough time assuming your inbound flight is on time. As you are on one ticket if the inbound is delayed such that you miss your connection you will be re-accommodated.

Just follow the 'Flight Connections' signs for T2 on arrival, don't follow the arrivals signs. You will get an airside bus from T5 to T2.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:12 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
If it's on one ticket, then it should be fine. BA should interline your bags to AC, so you can do an airside transfer. Your link on the Heathrow website is correct - you follow 'flight connections' at T5, take a bus to T3, go through security, and that's you.

That fact that you're on one ticket means that AC will reaccommodate you if misconnect (probably via YUL or YYZ) due to either flight or security delays.

Personally, I'd happily book this.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
If it's on one ticket, then it should be fine. BA should interline your bags to AC, so you can do an airside transfer. Your link on the Heathrow website is correct - you follow 'flight connections' at T5, take a bus to T3, go through security, and that's you.

That fact that you're on one ticket means that AC will reaccommodate you if misconnect (probably via YUL or YYZ) due to either flight or security delays.

Personally, I'd happily book this.

Thank you stut . I will go for this one.^
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:27 am

Out of interest, who are you flying with from Delhi to Dubai?

(I'm just thinking that you may have to re-check your luggage at Dubai, given some of the carriers that fly on that route - even Air India can be annoying about interlining luggage... Of course, you may have a stopover there, I've no idea!)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Out of interest, who are you flying with from Delhi to Dubai?

(I'm just thinking that you may have to re-check your luggage at Dubai, given some of the carriers that fly on that route - even Air India can be annoying about interlining luggage... Of course, you may have a stopover there, I've no idea!)
From Delhi to Dubai, I am flying with Air India. I have a long layover at Dubai and then I 'll be flying to London with British Airways and from there to Edmonton via Air Canada
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:09 am

OK. Air India can be rather annoying about not interlining luggage, so I'd be prepared to check it back in at Dubai. If you're planning on leaving the airport, this may involve using a left luggage service, as I imagine BA have a maximum check-in time of a few hours.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

OK. Air India can be rather annoying about not interlining luggage, so I'd be prepared to check it back in at Dubai. If you're planning on leaving the airport, this may involve using a left luggage service, as I imagine BA have a maximum check-in time of a few hours.
This is quite new to me. I hope it doesn't happen to me and I get to collect my luggage only at my final destination.

Are there any experiences on the forum like these which I can go through ?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by D0do
... Are there any experiences on the forum like these which I can go through ?
You might try the Trip Reports forum in the Community section, searching on keywords such your airports. (Normally, the Search function rejects three-letter search terms such as airport codes, but if you put them between quotation marks they will work.)

You might also try the relevant destination and airline forums, but you'll have to wade through a lot of posts on other topics to find the useful (to you, in this context) content.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:38 am

Hi D0Do,

There is an "India-Based Airlines" forum, which you can search for 'interline' and 'air india', and should give you more information - or you can start a new thread if you can't find it.

Here is a recent thread I started on AI interlining (although this was domestic-to-international at DEL):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...terlining.html
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Hi D0Do,

There is an "India-Based Airlines" forum, which you can search for 'interline' and 'air india', and should give you more information - or you can start a new thread if you can't find it.

Here is a recent thread I started on AI interlining (although this was domestic-to-international at DEL):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...terlining.html
Thank you nux, Efrem and stut.

I have read your experience stut and have called Air India twice to confirm that they do not do the same with me as well. I hope it does not happen to me. Will share my experience for sure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.