Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£38 for lounge access [LHR T2 Plaza Premium lounge]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

£38 for lounge access [LHR T2 Plaza Premium lounge]

I saw in BT that Plaza Premium lounge opening in LHR Terminal 2 will be charging £38 for 2 hours access - I have no idea what the lounge will be like but, good as BA's T5 lounges are I am not sure I would want to pay that much for the ones I have used (Club and First) - £10 or £15 yes but if more than that I think I would go to a restaurant.

For a transit passenger with a long layover a lounge becomes more appealing but if it is £38 per 2 hours, or part thereof, it could become a expensive way to spend a couple of hours or multiples thereof.

What would you pay for access to BA's lounges?

Last edited by Leavinglondon; Jun 22, 2014 at 4:31 pm Reason: T2
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Plaza premium lounge where?

I wouldn't pay that much to get in a lounge, but some of the drinks in some of the lounges are expensive..... Some (passengers) can easily knock back a bottle of vintage fizz.....
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No 1 Traveller at Gatwick is £30 for walk-ups, again for a 2 hour slot.

However, not many pay that - Priority Pass, Lounge Club and various 2-4-1 and Groupon-style deals mean that only a minority pay the full price.

I expect similar with Plaza Premium especially as they don't have name recognition in Europe. It would be a result if they go with Priority Pass especially as the current option - United Club - is on the B concourse.

It is still due to open in July I think so we will see ....
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by Raffles
No 1 Traveller at Gatwick is £30 for walk-ups, again for a 2 hour slot.

However, not many pay that - Priority Pass, Lounge Club and various 2-4-1 and Groupon-style deals mean that only a minority pay the full price.

I expect similar with Plaza Premium especially as they don't have name recognition in Europe. It would be a result if they go with Priority Pass especially as the current option - United Club - is on the B concourse.

It is still due to open in July I think so we will see ....
you can certainly use PP at YYZ Plaza so I assume it will be accepted at LHR

when did 2 hours become the limit ? I always thought most paid lounges or PP access worked on a 3 hour basis
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No 1 Traveller has always been 2 hours I think.

I've also seen reports on them trying to track people down who overstay and ejecting them!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by Raffles
No 1 Traveller has always been 2 hours I think.

I've also seen reports on them trying to track people down who overstay and ejecting them!
ok fair enough I have never paid as a walk up or booked and paid for lounge access

servisair im sure work on 3 hours as does PP entry

2 hours is usually perfectly ok for me but it might be a bit mean for anyone with a slightly longer layover
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: ABBA
Paid $10 to get into a lounge at ISB once, well worth it to get away from the crowding in the terminal. No alcohol of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.