Roast Potato Craving

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roast Potato Craving

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Roast Potato Craving

Staying overnight at the T5 Sofitel between flights. Have been deprived for months of 'real' roast potatoes. Is there a Toby Carvery within easy reach of T5? Preferably easily accessed by public transport.
Old May 24, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Never been there but when I lived in Windsor I worked in Windsor and Staines and I seen a Toby carvery in Old Windsor which is on the road between Windsor and Staines. It's not far from Heathrow. One of the 7-series (Slough-Heathrow) buses runs past it, but I'd advise a taxi at least for getting back as the bus isn't that frequent.

Looking at this map, it's the 71 you want. Old Windsor the destination ('straight road' on the map seems the nearest stop)
Old May 24, 2014, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's one across from the Slough (or whatever) Airport Marriott, that's not too far. Or at least used to be, haven't stayed there in some time.
Old May 25, 2014, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Thanks very much. The one-way taxi sounds like a good idea: much cheaper to the airport than from the airport.

Nearby to the older Marriott also sounds good. I'd already tried the Toby Carvery website and was rather impressed. It offers a download of the entire UK's Toby Carveries onto SatNav but it doesn't really help for public transport.

I see that I got moderator-shifted from BAEC. Maybe I should have written "between BA flights" to gain approval. Perhaps I should have offered a critique of BA's roast potatoes: citing them as superior to all other airlines. Of course, it could simply have been moved to the forum which specifically includes Turkey: just like a Toby Carvery.
Old May 27, 2014, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Don't forget to sign up for a voucher
Old May 28, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
There's one across from the Slough (or whatever) Airport Marriott, that's not too far. Or at least used to be, haven't stayed there in some time.
I'm pretty sure it's still there - drove past it a couple of months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.