Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow T2 expansion

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Leavinglondon,

Originally Posted by Genius1
Once T1 closes to passengers, there is an aspiration to demolish the Europier and Eurolounge to enable the K taxiway and the final 2 T2B stands to be completed.

Originally Posted by Leavinglondon
Which could be as soon as next year - though I was surprised by the amount of signage showing links to T1 as it will presumably have a very limited life.
The operative word in Genius1's post being 'aspiration'. The evidence shows that the aspiration won't be fulfilled for a while.
Old May 21, 2014, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Delta moving some flights into T3 means T3 currently has no capacity, and things will only start to ease up once the Star Alliance carriers move out. Sri Lankan also need to move out of T4 to free up some T4 capacity. There are also works ongoing in T4 which is currently limiting available stands.
T3 may be full but Delta moved fits lights from T4 so freed up capacity there? (Much more capacity than will be provided when the once a day Sri Lanka flight moves?)

Has the overall capacity of T4 been cut since BA left - it seems much less busy than it was pre T5.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
One of the issues with demolishing the main T1 buildings is that the departures baggage system for T2 currently uses the T1 departures baggage system. The T2 departures baggage system will be fitted out as part of the T2A expansion project.
I found a diagram matching Genius1's description in the baggage claim area of T2 when I took part in a trial a few weeks ago. I don't think it was meant to be for the general public but I found it interesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.