Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Applying for UK tourist visa from Azerbaijan

Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Hi

I have read previous threads about applying for UK visas and it appears there are some people in the know on this site

I am trying to get a UK tourist Visa for my girlfriend to come and visit me in Scotland. She has been rejected on 3 points

1 not giving enough evidence of profession, salary and finacial situation in azerbaijan

2 The embassy officials doubting our relationship

3 my bank not having enough money in it

point 1 and 2 i think we can overcome however I am the director of a small business and therefor i dont really pay myself a huge wage for obvious tax reasons. My bank never looks that great however the business account is more than buoyant and when i need funds i dip into that

anyway, she has just been refused what the embassy say was a '2 week' visa
I never saw her application however I am curious to to know what the implications of reapplying straight away would be.
I have tried to give as much information as possible about myself and line of business but should i be providing company accounts and some sort of narritive about why my personal account is never that great

I am getting frustrated with the Uk embassy here and am keen to try any other options to secure a visa for her.

Hope this has been clear enough

Thanks

SC
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by stuc100
My bank never looks that great however the business account is more than buoyant and when i need funds i dip into that
Isn't that fraud?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by alanR
Isn't that fraud?
Why should that be fraud?

If someone is running their own business then it is entirely up to them how much money they take out of the company by way of salary or dividends - as long as everything is properly declared.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Why should that be fraud?

If someone is running their own business then it is entirely up to them how much money they take out of the company by way of salary or dividends - as long as everything is properly declared.
IF properly declared - in which case it would be income - but one of the problems OP is having is declared income.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by alanR
IF properly declared - in which case it would be income - but one of the problems OP is having is declared income.
The grounds on which the visa was rejected was a low bank balance, not low income - two different things. The OP has explained that money is kept in the company account and that he transfers money to his personal account as and when required - which is a fairly normal way of operating for small business owners. Since companies and company directors are required to submit tax returns there is no way in which money could be transferred from a company account to a personal account without being declared as either salary or dividends.

But none of this debate about small business accounting is going to help the OP... and I can't actually see any easy way out of the problem other than to bite the bullet and pay a large salary or dividend so that the OP's personal account shows the large balance the embassy seems to want to see.

(stuc100, are we talking about a Personal Service Company? Maybe this is a concept the embassy simply doesn't understand...)
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:31 pm

Point 3 is the least of your problems. You can have millions of pounds in the account but if points 1 and 2 are not overcome, then it will all come to naught.

Point 2 can be overcome with the sledgehammer approach, as distasteful as it is. Overwhelm them with copies of letters, emails, phone logs, photographs, etc.. to the point that they can't say that the relationship does not exist.

Point 1 is the most difficult one to overcome for most "third world" applicants. She will need to show secure employment and/or solid ties to Azerbaijan - no real way around it short of being an EU dependent. The absence of either employment or ties raises the burden of proof for the other. A prior refusal also makes things harder as there is now a finding that the existing situation is inadequate - so you MUST provide new evidence that further substantiates her financial situation and ties in order to overcome the refusal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.