Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive Airports Car service in LONDON - DO NOT USE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Exclusive Airports Car service in LONDON - DO NOT USE

Public service as I know some have asked about this company on here in the past!

Where do I start with this company? This was possibly the worst and scariest experience I have ever had in my many travels around the world. I I travel quite a bit for work and for pleasure so I am very familiar with the type of service this company provides! Long story short, I had booked a transfer from London City to Heathrow to catch a flight back to the US. I waited in the Lobby and advised the Hotel staff that my transfer will be arriving, 10 minutes past, the transfer still did not show so I called this company, the operator was incoherent and confused and kept telling me to wait. I finally ran outside and saw this guy in Sun Glasses sitting on the hood of his car, I asked them if they are from Exclusive Airports and identified myself, he starts pointing to his watch and essentially scolding me for being late? I am sorry but how about checking with Hotel staff or come into the lobby to see if your customer is there or does this company and it's drivers expect customers to run up and down the street to find their transfer? Next, I got my luggage, Two medium and Two carry on luggage for me and my wife, the driver starts screaming at me about me having 4 large pieces of luggage! At this point the Hotel staff and other drivers waiting there tried to intervene and tell this crazy driver that my luggage is Small and Medium. But he will not listen! He started calling company head quarters and starts mumbling to them! Then he hung up and said to me, I cannot take you, turned around , got in his car and drive away! He left my wife and I with a plane to catch right there on the street! I quickly got on the phone with Exclusive Airports, the Representative Maria was not very helpful, she told me that she will check around for another car and call me back in an hour to tell me if anything in available to come pick me up. I told her my flight is in 2.5 hours so that will not work, I need a ride immediately. She said nothing she could do and hung up. I had no choice but to grab a taxi and spent over 100 pounds including tips when I had previously arranged and trusted this company. Now I got home, I went online to their website and opened a ticket. I requested a refund which is not asking much considering they left me standing on the street and was promised a swift response. I still have not hear anything and it has been two weeks. I think there are bad apples in every company and people have bad days but what is appalling about this company is how they are making ZERO ATTEMPT to apologize or fix the situation for me. To me , that is completely unacceptable when I gave them my trust and their failure costed me an extra 100 pounds for the emergency transfer not to mention all the stress the whole experience created! My advice, STAY AWAY unless you want an adventure with your Airport Transfer! STAY AWAY!

UPDATE: I finally got a email from [name redacted], the manager or owner of this business. He said his investigation concluded that my back pack counts as an extra piece of luggage so that is why it was ok for his driver to leave me and my luggage on the street. !! That is the most ridiculous thing I have every heard! So if anyone wants to use these guys still, make sure you count your wive/partner's PURSES as luggage too!

They also lied about the driver offering me a recourse as in to pay extra for the luggage, THAT NEVER HAPPENED. The driver just mumbled and left me on the street. And based on that, they are refusing to refund my money or take any responsibility for this. They basically stated, the drivers are independent contractors and we don't control them.

Ask yourselves, is this the type of business you want to be depending on when you need to make a flight on time? What the driver did was indefensible but what the company did in response is EVEN MORE REPREHENSIBLE!

Last edited by stut; Aug 3, 2013 at 4:13 am Reason: redacted name of business owner
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Can you get your credit card to cancel the payment as you did not receive the service for which you had paid?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:45 am
Original Poster

I am attempting that right now.

And let me clarify again, the driver refused to take me because he cannot fit my 4 medium/small luggage in his trunk.

Counting my back pack as luggage is just something the manager/owner came up with as his lame technicality to explain all this away.

all that aside, I still cannot believe how a merchant wants to keep my money when no service was delivered like you said!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Just update

after filing a Credit Card charge back, the manager is now making up more lies!

Right now he is telling the credit card company that it wasn't so much the luggage but that his driver was afraid for his safety as I became agitated?

Right now I am almost feeling sorry for this crazy company!

I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice your dignity like that over something like this!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:58 am

Very poor service.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:34 am

Very bad, plus you have witnesses at the hotel of the rude drivers behaviour
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: BA - Blue
I agree this is poor service, but:

a) this doesn't even begin to qualify as "worst and scariest" experience territory. I was expecting to read that you were taken on a massive diversion, dumped in an alley and then robbed.

b) My guess is that the 'two carry ons' were rollaboards, probably 20"+. It would be true that four pieces may well not fit into the car - you don't mention what it was. If travelling "US style" (which we do too as a family), always best to check baggage restrictions, esp in Europe. I can tell you that e.g. a Beijing taxi (where I now live) would struggle with taking this much luggage -- when we have something along these lines of baggage, I book a larger car, specifying my baggage requirements.

c) agree that you should (and will likely) get your money back.

tb
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

1. Yes perhaps not worst and scariest but what I meant was I never had a worst TRANSFER EXPERIENCE and the DRIVER being so belligerent!

2. my 4 pieces were 2 Medium standard suit cases and 2 small carry one cases standard. And not he cannot fit into his little BMW. My reservation clearly stated exactly what luggage pieces I had! This is why the Manager has chosen to bring up me having 5 pieces of luggage (my back pack) instead of 4 as agreed to because he knows I told them up front about my 4 pieces of luggage!

3. Again , the Driver REFUSED to take me because of the 4 pieces of AGREED TO luggage, counting my back pack only came up after as the manager is trying to weasel his way out of this and trying to keep my money for NO SERVICE RENDERED

Originally Posted by trueblu
I agree this is poor service, but:

a) this doesn't even begin to qualify as "worst and scariest" experience territory. I was expecting to read that you were taken on a massive diversion, dumped in an alley and then robbed.

b) My guess is that the 'two carry ons' were rollaboards, probably 20"+. It would be true that four pieces may well not fit into the car - you don't mention what it was. If travelling "US style" (which we do too as a family), always best to check baggage restrictions, esp in Europe. I can tell you that e.g. a Beijing taxi (where I now live) would struggle with taking this much luggage -- when we have something along these lines of baggage, I book a larger car, specifying my baggage requirements.

c) agree that you should (and will likely) get your money back.

tb
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:49 am

Please stop shouting (that's what all the caps lock stuff is!).
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had a stupid thing with this company too. I somehow hadn't prepaid it though so I didn't lose out.

I'd booked a return transfer to LHR from my home in the City. Getting to LHR went fine, then on the way back my flight from SCL got to MAD late, so i got put on another plane, then I got delayed another 45 mins after boarding. So I phoned them from the aeroplane in Madrid. "Hi I am on flight IB XXXX and I have a pick up booked. I am arriving at 4.30pm"

When I got to LHR there was no driver, so I had a coffee, looked again, and then phoned them. They said "Sir when you called to tell us you were on flight IB XXXX we checked online and according to the internet that flight had already landed in London so we didn't bother to come and fetch you."

After a moment of disbelief I asked courteously "What? Are you saying that when I called to say I was on the plane in Madrid, you didn't believe I knew which country I was in?"

Clowns!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jenbel

Sorry about that. Just emphasizing how crazy this thing was. I still cannot believe people liek this are allowed to stay in business!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by cazic99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenbel

Sorry about that. Just emphasizing how crazy this thing was. I still cannot believe people liek this are allowed to stay in business!
Sounds like terrible service and bad publicity here. As to them being "allowed" to stay in business - I'm not sure who is going to stop them. ? If this incident is representative of their usual level of service, they'll go out of business in the natural way...

On my last two trips I had great service from Simply Airports. The driver was on time and helpful, and the price was very reasonable (split amongst 3 travelers).
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:44 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Sadly, my experience of many of the London airport minicab companies (too many to name here) was that they suffered from aggressive, greasy management. They were fine as long as things went right (particularly if you got a good driver who tended to cover your area and time, and so you ended up always getting) but as soon as things went wrong, they went into utter meltdown.

(One of the oddest being a minicab company that I would use from time to time, based fairly locally, who would quiz you, when you called up, about how you knew about the company and whether you'd used it before. A front?)
Old Aug 9, 2013, 9:55 am

We used BAtransfer from/to LHR on our recent jaunt to London. Great service at very reasonable cost and couldn't fault them.
I chose the slightly dearer option of paying cash to the driver rather than give credit card details up front which I think is wise unless you're a regular user of the company. Plus as a newbie I exaggerated the amount of luggage in order to get a bigger car and prevent any misunderstandings in that department.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
We used BAtransfer from/to LHR on our recent jaunt to London. Great service at very reasonable cost and couldn't fault them.
I chose the slightly dearer option of paying cash to the driver rather than give credit card details up front which I think is wise unless you're a regular user of the company. Plus as a newbie I exaggerated the amount of luggage in order to get a bigger car and prevent any misunderstandings in that department.
In retrospect, exxagerating luggage might have been a good idea. But again, I had 2 Medium and 2 carryon for 2 people! And that is what I stated on the reservation!

Then the driver started going nuts about how my carryon bags are LARGE LUGGAGE and then the manager out of no where tells me my back pack counts for 5th piece of luggage!

But I do believe every person can have a bad day but it's the fact that this manager tries to LIE and keep my money when no services were rendered that baffles me. That is almost worse than the driver's actions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.