Wiki Posts
Search

Kabbee London Minicab App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, BA Gold, TAP Gold, Sixt Platinum
Kabbee London Minicab App

Kabbee is an app for iPhone and Android to compare and book Minicabs in London. Would any existing user like to invite me? Apparently both of us would get a £10 voucher... Please PM me if interested!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
Apologies for reviving an old thread...

If anyone would like a referral code, please PM me. You'll get a £10 voucher (to use on a single journey costing over £10), and afterwards I will get the same.

Incidentally, I do recommend Kabbee in London. Often cheaper than a black cab / Hailo, and you can book in advance. The way it scans different minibcab firms to provide a range of prices is quite smart.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Use Hailo for safety and knowledge - ie black cabs. Use Uber as a convenient and cheaper alternative. Otherwise, if you must use mini-cabs, use a company you know and trust - don't use random firms if you value your personal safety.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, BA Gold, TAP Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Use Hailo for safety and knowledge - ie black cabs. Use Uber as a convenient and cheaper alternative. Otherwise, if you must use mini-cabs, use a company you know and trust - don't use random firms if you value your personal safety.
This is quite strange advice. Black cabs are safest and best, I agree on that. But you warn of trusting random mini cab firms but recommend trusting random strangers who aren't even professional drivers on Uber?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Wow, what a surprisingly negative and fearful response.

1. Minicabs in London are safe. This isn't the Wild West. Like black cabs, all minicabs are licensed by Transport for London, and they don't give out those licenses freely.

2. How would you learn to trust a minicab company that you don't know? I would rather use an app that gives you ratings from other users. By using Kabbee, you're using licensed minicabs that have been vetted by both the usual authorities and also Kabbee and every Kabbee user that has used that company before.

Sorry to issue such a strong rebuttal, but I was surprised to be shot down for my offer, which, as a personal recommendation that could save us all money and add convenience, was entirely in the spirit of Flyertalk. I am, of course, unaffiliated to Kabbee (other than the mutual referral offer we can benefit from).

I also recommend Hailo as a great product for finding black cabs and use it often when the need arises. However, Kabbee is usually cheaper, as you can view a market of competing minicab companies, and see the ratings that other users have given them. And you can get £10 free with your first Kabbee booking if you PM me!

Last edited by BardLucyHumeXI; Jul 22, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.