Wiki Posts
Search

Troubles with Dx Secure - Passport delivery

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Troubles with Dx Secure - Passport delivery

I am completely stunned as to how a company such as DX Secure is allowed to exist in the UK! Not only that but it's the company IPS uses to deliver its passports!

So I've had to renew my passport last month, everything went fine etc. until the delivery day 2 weeks ago. At 6pm I get a call from their courier saying that he's back at the office and can't find my parcel which he couldn't deliver because I wasn't home. He tells me to go outside and look outside the gates because he doesn't know what he's done with. Of course, the parcel is not there so I call him back the next day and he said he found it! Fine!

I reschedule the delivery a week later, I took the day off to wait for it all day and the courier never comes! Now I am trying to get into contact with them. I've so far written them 2 emails and it's been 5 days with NO reply. There is NO PHONE NUMBER available for them, all of them lead to an annoying automatic service that only lets you reschedule the delivery. Now I don't want to do that again because first I want to know why it wasn't redelivered on the rescheduled date! Because of various addresses I'm staying at, I simply haven't got the time to wait for another whole day at the address they're supposed to be delivering too. Furthermore, because it's a passport they can't deliver to a work address.

Now what do I do?? These people are not replying to my emails, there's no way of calling them and I have a trip planned in 2 weeks time. I'm completely lost and I can't understand how a company with no phone customer service and who doesn't reply to emails is allowed to exist in the UK AND is being used by the IPS. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking of contacting IPS and reporting it as lost/ stolen by Dx Secure?

Annoyingly, this line appears everywhere on their website "please call us on 0844 371 0000 for immediate assistance" but again it's simply the phone number for the automatic service. There is no option to speak to an agent!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:47 am

Several alternative numbers available here which may be worth a try:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Have you tried contacting the IPS directly? I know they'll probably send you back to DX Secure, but it's ultimately their responsibility. I know I've been able to get a few companies to kick couriers up the backside by going down this route.

0300 222 000, FWIW.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue, easyJet Plus (!)
Originally Posted by crystak
I am completely stunned as to how a company such as DX Secure is allowed to exist in the UK! Not only that but it's the company IPS uses to deliver its passports!
They should be using the Royal Mail, IMO. I hate the way UK Government institutions ignore other UK Government institutions. Especially given that my experiences of this company are uniformly negative.

I similarly dislike the way Government institutions even consider using Paypoint and the likes to deliver services, when the Post Office is a good "window" on all Government services with properly trained staff, rather than just minimum wage newsagent employees.

Neil
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:38 am

Totally agree. DX Mail / DX Secure are one of the most infuriating companies I have ever tried to deal with. When they were delivering my passport last time around I ended up telling them just to take it back to the passport office in London Victoria from where I'd pick it up. Granted this probably isn't an option for most people. I feel your pain.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Agreed - they are completely incompetent. My other half was waiting for his biometric residence permit back in April. After waiting for a week a letter arrived from them (delivered by Royal Mail ) saying "We haven't heard from you since leaving our calling card when we tried to deliver. Please call us"

When I called they said they'd left a "We tried to deliver" card at a property with a green door (ours is white!) so no idea where that ended up. I decided the safest thing was to go and pick it up in person from their office near Liverpool Street station.

There was a telephone number in the letter which was answered by a real human but I no longer have it unfortunately so can't help with that. Good luck!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
My company used DxSecure to send something to me. Idiotically I had decided to go to work that day and when we finally did get to speak to a human there was absolutely no way they would deliver to a neighbour, a safe place, anywhere apart from to me or my wife with some form of ID present. And we had to be in between 0900-1800, and no they would not call when they were 15 mins away due to some sort of drivel that they gave me. There is not a force on earth that would ever make me use these to deliver stuff on my behalf.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
They claim the drivers are paid only on successful deliveries, but they've had a 0% success rate over the years finding my flat. Which is properly marked. In Zone 2. When every other courier seems to have no problem finding it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
They claim the drivers are paid only on successful deliveries.
That's how the courier and delivery business has gone, just paid a flat amount per delivery (say £3). After a few minutes it becomes not financially worthwhile for the casual staff to carry on looking. The same if your house chances to be quite some distance away from other calls .....

Business customer I was speaking with recently had an issue with utilities engineers not turning up at their worksite. The Indian call centre contacted over the non-arrival said no house number had been provided on the street address, so they could not find it. The address was ..... "The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square".
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:58 pm

Unhappy DX Delivery (lies of delivery status)

DX Delivery is probably the most unliked delivery company by me. One of their couriers delivered my BRP (residence permit) on 29/06/17 but because I was away, he/she signed instead of me (not my signature at all!) but didn't leave my BRP! Dear Courier, if you decide to sign by yourself why the [flippin' 'eck] you don't leave the BRP in the letter box or is it too much effort???!!! It's already 19/07/17 and I have flights booked for next Friday but due to an idiot who tried to deliver my BRP but didn't leave a card nor called me, I have to stay here. I think if the DX doesn't find my BRP I'm going to sue them. I have all the evidences that the fault was from their side but when I call the DX they claim that if I have any issues I must contact the Home office. Whhaaaat??!! Seriously??? How come the home office must be responsible for your deliveries? It was the service from your side and the Home office doesn't make any deliveries by itself, only through third parties like you.
What do I want to say? If you're a DX courier, please left letters in letter box. If you sign - it's no problem. For recipients it's much more important to get what they've been waiting for

Last edited by stut; Jul 19, 2017 at 3:07 pm Reason: No obvious asterisk-based censorship, please!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The one slight improvement with DX is they have collection offices ; if you nominate to pick up from one of those it takes some of the pain away
Virgin money used to use DX for credit card replacements; every time I just knew it would be impossible to receive them
In the end i used to have tp argue with the call centre to send them via Royal Mail
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
DX, the company, is firmly in crisis mode at the moment. I wouldn't assume that they will be around much longer.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Aiym
DX Delivery is probably the most unliked delivery company by me. One of their couriers delivered my BRP (residence permit) on 29/06/17 but because I was away, he/she signed instead of me (not my signature at all!) but didn't leave my BRP! Dear Courier, if you decide to sign by yourself why the [flippin' 'eck] you don't leave the BRP in the letter box or is it too much effort???!!! It's already 19/07/17 and I have flights booked for next Friday but due to an idiot who tried to deliver my BRP but didn't leave a card nor called me, I have to stay here. I think if the DX doesn't find my BRP I'm going to sue them. I have all the evidences that the fault was from their side but when I call the DX they claim that if I have any issues I must contact the Home office. Whhaaaat??!! Seriously??? How come the home office must be responsible for your deliveries? It was the service from your side and the Home office doesn't make any deliveries by itself, only through third parties like you.
What do I want to say? If you're a DX courier, please left letters in letter box. If you sign - it's no problem. For recipients it's much more important to get what they've been waiting for
I'd suggest you write to your local MP - I appreciate you might not be able to vote for (or against) them, but one of the roles of MPs is to hold the government to account - in this instance, a branch of the government (the Home Office) which has chosen to have a contract with a courier firm (DX) which is providing a substandard service.

Though if you do write to an MP do so in a concise, and somewhat more formal style - nothing fancy, but just not in the relaxed, conversational style of the above post!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:18 am

Zero Stars

DX were trusted by UKVI with the delivery of my new BRP card. I had a trip to Europe planned and could not leave the country without it. The initial delivery driver never rang the doorbell or left a delivery card. After 7 business days I attempted to locate my documents as I had flights to catch, but they stated on numerous occasions they had noting under my name or post code. After 10 business days, and missed flights, it was located. A delivery sitcker had been placed over my name and they had my middle name as my last name on their system. I requested next morning delivery and rebooked my flights, but the document was still not delivered until 3pm the following day. I wasted 5 days of holidays from full time work and lost money on my holiday due to a series of errors from this company. If the initial delivery driver had done his job properly I would never have missed my initial flights. This is a 0star service and they should not be trusted with sensitive personal documents.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The problem is we don't really have a choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.