Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin lounge/cub access?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Dublin lounge/cub access?

Apologies if I've missed info elsewhere. I'm flying into DUB (on Delta) early on 6/26, will be awaiting a colleague on a later flight (couple of hours), and would like to know if my AMEX Platinum card will gain me access to a club or lounge at DUB to ease the wait.

Any advise very much appreciated.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is no Delta SkyClub at DUB. There are two lounges which accept Priority Pass, but they are departure lounges and inside security. Are you connecting to another flight after your colleague arrives, or is Dublin the destination?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks, mia. Dublin is the destination, so I guess I'm out of luck. Any recommendation for a good place to wait in Terminal 2 once I'm through Customs?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Terminal 2 landside is quite small. They have a large ford court style area though where you could get coffee or food and is quite comfortable and pleasant. There is in starbucks in Terminal 1 which is just 5mins walk away but its very dark in Terminal 1 so I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Enigma—I downloaded a map of Terminal 2 and spotted the food court as a likely waiting spot; glad to have it confirmed.

One last question, if anyone knows: is there a Vodafone store or kiosk (or that of another carrier) anywhere in the airport where I could pick up a micro sim for my iPad?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by wings4cats
Thanks, Enigma—I downloaded a map of Terminal 2 and spotted the food court as a likely waiting spot; glad to have it confirmed.

One last question, if anyone knows: is there a Vodafone store or kiosk (or that of another carrier) anywhere in the airport where I could pick up a micro sim for my iPad?

Thanks!
There used to be (not entirely certain if it's still there) a Vodafone shop and/or a phone rental store on the ground floor (arrivals) level of Terminal 1 - that's a good start when looking for a new SIM I'd guess.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 4:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moved from American Express to UK & Ireland forum where there is more airport specific knowledge.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks, Catharsis (and mia, for moving this to a better place). I'll have at least a couple of hours of waiting after arrival, so plenty of time to wander over to Terminal 1 and hopefully score a SIM for my newly unlocked iPhone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.