OVERSTAYED in UK as Student

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OVERSTAYED in UK as Student

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
So you didn't overstay a couple of months, you overstayed 3 years? Well, UKBA aren't going to like that if they find out. So don't tell them and hope they didn't notice you leave and how long you had stayed there.

Overstaying the UK will (very likely) not affect any US visa application. The USA operates their own immigration policy and pays little attention to anyone else (as usual).

Whether the UK will let you back in probably depends most of all on whether they noticed your overstaying by a very long time. If they did, then NO. If they did not, then maybe yes. Why not test by applying for a tourist visa.

Don't overstay in the UK again now. The UK is being harshly rigorous on anyone they catch these days, and trying a lot harder to catch them.

I don't think anyone here can help you if you wish to enter the UK again and they have a record of your very long overstay last time. You need professional help with such a problem.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander
Overstaying the UK will (very likely) not affect any US visa application. The USA operates their own immigration policy and pays little attention to anyone else (as usual).

Whether the UK will let you back in probably depends most of all on whether they noticed your overstaying by a very long time. If they did, then NO. If they did not, then maybe yes. Why not test by applying for a tourist visa.
The OP is asking about a visa to work in Australia.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Flatlander I think you are commenting on the original post from 2011 rather than the much newer one re Australia and appears to involve being held hostage!

Could a mod split the thread? (On phone so no triangle )
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The OP is asking about a visa to work in Australia.
Yes, in a later post adding to the confusion:

Originally Posted by Ravindraravi
Now I got a job in austrailia and I am gonna apply for a visa.
However initially:

Originally Posted by dineshpamteninc
1. If i apply for a US visa will this affect my travel.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Flatlander I think you are commenting on the original post from 2011 rather than the much newer one re Australia and appears to involve being held hostage!

Could a mod split the thread? (On phone so no triangle )
Yes, I didn't notice some of the posts were very old.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ravindraravi
I was a student in UK. I applied for my visa extention. Unluckily I got refused and Home office retained my passport and told to leave the country. But I could not leave as girlfriend didn't allowed me to. So I over stayed 3 years. After we broke up I came back to my country. on my own expense. Now I got a job in austrailia and I am gonna apply for a visa. I gonna face any problem for my overstay in UK? Worried plz help?
Welcome to FT, but I have to say, your post doesn't make much sense. You overstayed your student visa by three years because your girlfriend didn't let you? You'll have a hard time getting anyone to believe that nonsense. What is 'your' country? What type of a job did you get in Australia and how did you 'get' it without explaining to your employer that you clearly have no right to live and work in the country? Your UK overstay won't affect your Australian application, but I have doubts about your job situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.