Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

MAN T2 Lounge - Aspire Lounge or Escape Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

A friend is flying out of MAN to see us in a month. I thought about getting her lounge access at MAN.

I've usually flown out of MAN Terminal's 1 and 3 having visited the BA, Escape and Aspire lounges in their relevant terminals. However, she'll be flying out of Terminal 2 with VS where I've never flown out of before from memory.

Which is better in Manchester Termain 2? The Escape Lounge or the Aspire Lounge?

I presume it is hard to define 'better' so I'll have a go based on the following dimensions:
  • Atmosphere (e.g. is one more crowded?)
  • Views? (runway rather than car park, so more of a T3 Escape Lounge than a T1 Escape Lounge!)
  • Food and Alcohol (I assume Escape will be like T2 and T3 around 1pm)
  • Difficulty of access (no accessibility requirements but I don't know if one is further from gates than others)
  • Boarding announcements - she is flying with Virgin Atlantic. Presumably VS have a contract with one of these lounges and therefore in-lounge boarding announcements are made for VS flights?

Any thoughts, I would be grateful! Usually, I'd side with Escape > Aspire but some Aspire lounges have been done up recently.
Old May 6, 2017, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Try doing a search please "MAN lounges" or similar. Asked and answered http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...ounge-man.html
Old May 6, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight and reply, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, the link you offers is for MAN T1 rather than MAN T2 which I asked about. The thread also doesn't really offer any insight into the dimensions I mentioned. I did do a search in advance and didn't really get the insight I was looking for. Thank you though for your reply, which I appreciate.

if there are any other thoughts then I'd really appreciate it
Old May 6, 2017, 4:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

They are both pretty similar in T2.
  • Atmosphere (e.g. is one more crowded?) - At 1pm, both will be pretty quiet. T2 is a ghost town in the afternoon.
  • Views? (runway rather than car park, so more of a T3 Escape Lounge than a T1 Escape Lounge!) - No windows in either.
  • Food and Alcohol (I assume Escape will be like T2 and T3 around 1pm). Similar - but I think you can buy extra stuff at Escape.
  • Difficulty of access (no accessibility requirements but I don't know if one is further from gates than others). They are next to each other, so no difference.
  • Boarding announcements - she is flying with Virgin Atlantic. Presumably VS have a contract with one of these lounges and therefore in-lounge boarding announcements are made for VS flights? No boarding announcements in the lounges - you need to watch the boards.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the wonderful insight DYKWIA! I really appreciate I'll get her access to the Escape Lounge
Old May 7, 2017, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Thanks for the insight and reply, which I appreciate. Unfortunately, the link you offers is for MAN T1 rather than MAN T2 which I asked about. The thread also doesn't really offer any insight into the dimensions I mentioned. I did do a search in advance and didn't really get the insight I was looking for. Thank you though for your reply, which I appreciate.

if there are any other thoughts then I'd really appreciate it
They're waiting rooms rather than destinations. Neither is at all inspiring. The terminal will be very quiet: I'd be tempted to rough it outside the lounges.

​​​​​​though you are making a nice gesture, do the less nondescript space is probably the one offered by Escape.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:47 am
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Hi everyone,

I am bumping this thread up to see if there are any more recent opinions on the matter. The choice now is between the Escape Lounge and the Aspire Lounge. I will be there in the morning hours on a Sunday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.