Search

Heathrow Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Heathrow Hotels

Hi

I see there are 3 Heathrow based hotels. So of the three, Holiday Inn (T3), Sofitel (t5) and Hilton (T4), which is the best one in terms of comfort, value, modernism and convenience to T1? Am getting two connections in Sept and am looking for recommendations.

As connections will be early morning flights I would like the option of proximity to the terminals.

Also if there are any other recommendations close by- please let me know?

The use of the terminal connection train appeals to me though as its fool proof....
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: MUCCI
Whow. Stop. Do your research again.
(Also see plenty of threads in the UK & Ireland section.)

The Heathrow Terminals are divided in to 3 sites:

The Central Area:
- Terminal 1
- Terminal 2 (under reconstruction)
- Terminal 3
There are NO hotels in the central area.

Terminal 5: (west of the central area)
- Sofitel on site

Terminal 4: (south of the central area)
- Hilton connected to the terminal
- Yotel (japanese style capsule hotel) inside the hotel (landside, accessible to all)

There are loads of other hotels near by. Including many on Bath Road, just north of the airport, running parallel to the runway, which is the main 'hotel strip'.

Are you flying INTO and OUT OF Terminal 1 on both occasions? Or changing terminal?
What time do you define as 'early'? (I.e. when does your flight leave in the morning?)
And how late are you arriving?

Lots of luggage or travelling light? (through checked luggage, etc)
Just yourself or a big party/family group?

All of this affects the advice.

Depending upon time of day, a terminal connected hotel at a different terminal may be more hassle than another hotel off site. (And with the price premium for being terminal connected.)
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Originally Posted by David-A
Are you flying INTO and OUT OF Terminal 1 on both occasions? Or changing terminal?
What time do you define as 'early'? (I.e. when does your flight leave in the morning?)
And how late are you arriving?

)
thanks David for quick response

Am flying into T1 and out of T2 - connections are from T2 around 8am following morning. Arriving into T1 at around 9pm
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Are you flying next June or after?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by BA6501
Are you flying next June or after?
LOL
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
One of the Holiday Inn's on Bath Road (there's three Holiday Inn's serving Heathrow - two on Bath Road, none of them attached to a terminal) would give you reasonable access to the Central Terminal Area (T1/3), either by free TFL bus from the central bus station or the overpriced Hotel Hoppa.

There's a bunch of other hotels also on the Bath Road and nearby. As I have status with IHG (Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza) and Hilton those are the chains I tend to stick with when possible. A few chains I can think of are Sheraton, Radisson, Renaissance, Premier Inn, DoubleTree.

If you choose the Hilton T4 or Sofitel T5, there is a train connecting these terminals with the central area T1/3 every 15 minutes so they're still worth considering. Please note that the Hilton T5 is not attached to the airport, but is a bus ride from the terminal.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrkdips
thanks David for quick response

Am flying into T1 and out of T2 - connections are from T2 around 8am following morning. Arriving into T1 at around 9pm
Hmm..

T2 isn't open yet, completed next year.

Which airlines are you flying? bmi connecting to Dan Air?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

he could just be using old info about terminals.

whilst the new LHR layout looks nice. Its a bit holiday like to have to use a bus to get to the airport. At least we have the T5 Sofitel hotel. But otherwise you rely on someone else. Either taxi or bus. Which isn't nice when with family.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by origin
he could just be using old info about terminals.

whilst the new LHR layout looks nice. Its a bit holiday like to have to use a bus to get to the airport. At least we have the T5 Sofitel hotel. But otherwise you rely on someone else. Either taxi or bus. Which isn't nice when with family.
That's a good point, sometimes people find old webpages with out of date information.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by origin
I'm not sure I follow your point?

How many terminal connected hotels would you expect?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David-A
I'm not sure I follow your point?

How many terminal connected hotels would you expect?
It would be nice to have a connected hotel for each terminal, but of course there's no room in the central terminal area at the moment.

The current plans for Heathrow only have one terminal (the new T2 expanded into the space of T1) in the central area. Additional satellites would be added to T5 in the space of the current T3.

I wonder if there'd be space in the central area for a hotel when (or if) T3 gets demolished?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by layz
One of the Holiday Inn's on Bath Road (there's three Holiday Inn's serving Heathrow - two on Bath Road, none of them attached to a terminal) would give you reasonable access to the Central Terminal Area (T1/3), either by free TFL bus from the central bus station or the overpriced Hotel Hoppa.

There's a bunch of other hotels also on the Bath Road and nearby. As I have status with IHG (Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza) and Hilton those are the chains I tend to stick with when possible. A few chains I can think of are Sheraton, Radisson, Renaissance, Premier Inn, DoubleTree.

If you choose the Hilton T4 or Sofitel T5, there is a train connecting these terminals with the central area T1/3 every 15 minutes so they're still worth considering. Please note that the Hilton T5 is not attached to the airport, but is a bus ride from the terminal.
You may want to be aware that Doubletree is part of the Hilton chain and probably the same distance to the airport as the Hilton T5.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cme17
You may want to be aware that Doubletree is part of the Hilton chain and probably the same distance to the airport as the Hilton T5.
I've stayed at the DoubleTree as well, I think the Hilton T5 has the nicer rooms (+ lounge + gym). The DoubleTree is my Hilton option if I'm flying to/from T1/3 as it's served by TFL buses from the Central Bus Station.

My favourite airport DoubleTree is the one at NCL. If only all airport hotels could be as close to the terminal
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: 100M Swimming Certificate, Cycling Proficiency Badge
There are so many to choose from.

If getting between terminals on the train is your thing then the Hilton at T4 is a good bet, you are in the middle between T5 and T1 /3, and its a great hotel.

I use www.youparkandfly.co.uk to research and book.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Just be aware that the free T4 Hilton shuttle bus has stopped running.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.