Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

ATM maximum withdrawal in Ireland

Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles

It's been awhile since I've been to Ireland and a search didn't find an answer. Our current bank allows two free ATM withdrawals from "other" sources per month. Just trying to minimize the service charges we accumulate as we set our withdrawal limit to the max before leaving.

So from a bank ATM, what is the maximum amount of money you can withdraw while in Ireland?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:33 am

Depends on the bank running the ATM - typically it's £250 or £350.

But why don't you just ask for a higher limit than that
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanR
Depends on the bank running the ATM - typically it's £250 or £350.

But why don't you just ask for a higher limit than that
Thanks for the reply alan. Our bank is already set to the max so it's the ATM that's the limiting factor. Wasn't aware that I could ask the bank running the ATM to increase the allowable amount to withdraw. Usually the ATM we are using isn't attached to a bank but if it is, I'll go in ask what the limit is.

I've withdrawn as much as €800 from an ATM but most times found €600 and under to be the limit. The problem is that the highest amount isn't really advertised so you just have to try it by keying in higher amounts. My fear has been with the ATM eating my card thinking I'm attempting some fraudulent act.

It's a small matter, just was curious what was possible at an ATM in Ireland. Guess I'll know next week when I give it go.

Last edited by Blank Sheet; Jul 23, 2010 at 6:11 am Reason: clarity
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
The allowable ATM amounts vary from bank to bank - and it depends on whether it is your bank or not - (and it's a not in this case).

Bank of Irleand allows €800 daily to account holders and €600 to users from other Irish banks. No idea what overseas (cirrus) transactions will be limited to.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Bank of Irleand allows €800 daily to account holders and €600 to users from other Irish banks. No idea what overseas (cirrus) transactions will be limited to.
I think I may have done a €500 withdrawl from a BoI ATM with my BoA ATM card before.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Very late but wanted to report that we able to withdrawal 800 Euro from a Allied Irish Bank(AIB) ATM and also at a Bank of Ireland ATM with no problems. These were brick and mortar banks with attached ATM's.

Thanks all for the help. Now to search for the GBP limit in the UK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.