Search

Airside Transfer T4 to T3 London Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jet Priviledge, King Club, Royal Orchid & Krisflyer
Airside Transfer T4 to T3 London Heathrow

Hi!

Well am supposed to travel from Mumbai, India to Vancouver , Canada (BOM - YVR) via London Heathrow.

The question I have is that I have to Transfer from Terminal 4 to Terminal 3 at Heathrow. My bags will be through checked in upto YVR.

I want to know if it is possible to transfer between the terminals AIRSIDE.

I will not be having a Visa for the UK nor a DATV as I have A Canadian Visa and am not required to have one.

Hence I under no circumstance can cross out of immigration and then take any kind of transportation.

Thank you.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, danprsd.
I am moving your thread to the UK Forum (Travel & Dining>The World>United Kingdom).
Please follow in the UK Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes you can transfer airside between T4 and T3. There is an airport bus. Just follow the signs for Connections upon arrival.

This might help:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your response.

I hope am not required to have a Valid UK Visit VISA or a Direct Airside Transit Visa for making this connection or taking the Aiport Bus?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by danprsd
Thank you so much for your response.

I hope am not required to have a Valid UK Visit VISA or a Direct Airside Transit Visa for making this connection or taking the Aiport Bus?
Not according to the this website from the UK Border Agency. Point (a) towards the bottom seems to be the relevant one here:

Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.

A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds, or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf:

(a) a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country for which the visa is held...
I don't think the fact that the airside transfer involves a bus rather than simply a journey on foot or a trip on an airport monorail (or whatever else) makes any difference.

However, you might want to take a copy of the relevant page from the UK Border Agency website for when you check in, in case you encounter an over-zealous check-in person who misinterprets the rules (or can't be bothered to read them).
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks Christopher

Yes I read the UK Border agency part on their website and I thank you for your suggestion for keeping a print out of the same to show the officer in the case there is a need for the same.

The only problem that I am facing is that the Airline here says consult the Visa Counsalate on the issue; while the Visa Consulate wrote in -

"If the applicant is changing the Airport, terminal or an overnight stay or if the connecting flight is more than 24 hours, and then he/she needs a Visitor in transit visa. "

Now am confused on the site it says something - I uderstand would require a Visa if I was transfering Aiports like maybe Gatwick or Stanstead... but for a terminal 4 to 3 transfer getting a visa seems to be too hasslesome.

Thank again for all the help...

I guess if this doesnt get cleared I will have to book another ticket avoiding LHR
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by danprsd
I guess if this doesnt get cleared I will have to book another ticket avoiding LHR
I went through airside transit between T5 and T3 last year using the Flight Connections buses (same as the ones that do T3/T4) and didn't go through immigration checks, just security. So I would guess you don't need a visa.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much KACommuter; appreciate your response on the same
Old May 16, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: SQ KF
On a slightly different note, I have an upcoming transfer from AA (Terminal 3) to QR (Terminal 4). Can someone advise how long the transfer actually takes? My transit is 95 mins.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tshep
On a slightly different note, I have an upcoming transfer from AA (Terminal 3) to QR (Terminal 4). Can someone advise how long the transfer actually takes? My transit is 95 mins.

Thanks!
Suggest you take a look at the LHR website ... it has step-by-step guide to transfers. 95 mins should be enough assuming inbound flight is not overly delayed.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; May 16, 2014 at 3:08 pm Reason: added missing "not"
Old May 17, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: MUCCI
95 minutes = don't hang about territory, but should be safe and fine.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:41 pm

Hi, I hope this my question is relevant to this thread. I am traveling between ATL and HYD on BA with a 3hr lay hour in LHR. My connection is within the same terminal. I am an Indian National with a valid US visa stamped in my passport but I am traveling from USA more than 6 months since I last entered it. Do I require an airside transit visa or am I allowed to Travel without a visa? Any help is highly appreciated as I travel in 2 weeks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:57 pm

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/no

Exemptions
You won’t need a visa if you:

are travelling from Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa...

...have a valid US permanent residence card issued on or after 21 April 1998 (or an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship if it’s expired)

have a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Hima84
Hi, I hope this my question is relevant to this thread. I am traveling between ATL and HYD on BA with a 3hr lay hour in LHR. My connection is within the same terminal. I am an Indian National with a valid US visa stamped in my passport but I am traveling from USA more than 6 months since I last entered it. Do I require an airside transit visa or am I allowed to Travel without a visa? Any help is highly appreciated as I travel in 2 weeks.
You should be fine as long as your US visa itself isn't expired.

And while it's fine to post on threads under two years since the last post, it's often customary to start a new thread especially if there's been quite recent activity.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
You should be fine as long as your US visa itself isn't expired.

And while it's fine to post on threads under two years since the last post, it's often customary to start a new thread especially if there's been quite recent activity.
Thank you for your response. I will keep in mind to start a new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.