Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of DCA to LAX flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2001, 9:11 am
Original Poster

End of DCA to LAX flight

I tried booking a flight from DCA to LAX on the nonstop flight from National. I was told that this flight is being discontinued as of September 3, 2001. Every time I've been on this flight, it has been extremely full. Does anyone know why they are cutting this route?
Old Aug 24, 2001, 9:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
This flight has been eliminated due to the "American Airlines transaction." In response to TWA's acquisition, the DOT is pulling the necessary slot and perimeter rule exemptions to operate this route. The exemptions were granted to TWA on a non-transferable basis.

Alaska Airlines was awarded these exemptions to operate a daily SEA-DCA service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.