Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

TWA is adjusting the first-class chairs on its B-717s after some pax complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2001, 6:40 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

TWA is adjusting the first-class chairs on its B-717s. After some passenger complaints, TWA is adding an inch of recline to the chairs' upright position and installing softer cushions.
Old Aug 10, 2001, 9:06 am

Phew!! This is huge news. My first trip on a TWA 717 was about 2 weeks after their initial introduction. I found them to be exactly as mentioned above; hard and upright. Terrible. Plus with those oversized overheads the window seats were almost claustrophobic. My reckoning at the time was that they would soften over time, but I didn't know how they were going to cure that way too upright feeling.

Glad to see they respond to customer input.
Old Aug 13, 2001, 8:05 pm

Does TW give Elites free unlimited domestic upgrades?
Old Aug 14, 2001, 8:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by afang:
Does TW give Elites free unlimited domestic upgrades?</font>
Aviator Elite (AA Gold) - No, only free/unlimited from certain fare classes (Y, B/Q). Other fare classes (K, V, T, H, S, Z) cost $25 - $150 depending on mileage. 24 hour upgrade window. Can also purchase companion upgrade.

Aviator Elite 1 (AA Platinum) - Yes, thank the heavens. 72 hour upgrade window. Can also purchase companion upgrade.

Aviator Platinum (AA Executive Platinum) - Yes, you bet. 100 hour upgrade window. One free companion upgrade.

As you can see these are highly generous, if that's what you were curious about if you had a full first cabin.
Old Aug 14, 2001, 9:21 am

I first flew the 717 last March on a run from STL-AUS. It was the 2nd most uncomfortable plane I have ever been in, and complained to TW as soon as I got home!

(Oh, btw, the most uncomfortable plane/flight I have ever been on is an ANA 747, business class, IAD-NRT. The seats were like rocks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.