Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

How can I earn 10,000 miles w/out flying?

Old Mar 4, 2001, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

My elderly mother currently has 15,000 miles on TWA. Her health precludes her from flying any more. She would like to earn enough miles to get a free ticket and then transfer the award to someone else. Not being at all familiar with miles earning opportunities on TWA, I would appreciate any advice on how to earn the extra miles without flying. Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2001, 8:16 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
You can use those miles for a trip of less than 750 miles each way or convert them to Hilton points (two for one).

The miles are good forever (well, at least as long as TWA is around or American purchases them). What is the rush?

FF
Old Mar 6, 2001, 3:08 pm

Plan "A"
Get an MBNA/TWA Aviators Visa/Mastercard that gives 1 mile for each dollar and 5000 miles for accepting the card.

Plan "B"
Get a Citbank/American Airlines Aadvantage Platinum Visa/Mastercard that gives 1 mile for each dollar and 7500 miles for accepting the card.

Plan "C"
Get an American Express/Sheraton Starwood Optima Card with no annual fee in your mother's name and get a 2nd additonal card in your name also without a fee. Get 1 Starwood point for each dollar. The points can be converted into either TWA or AA Miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.