Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK lounge at JFK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Chesty
Can I not use the LH lounge at all considering I am traveling in J? I mean both airlines are Star Alliance. Seems strange TK would use a Sky Team lounge.
This is nothing unusual.Hence HKG = Travellers Lounge,SIN = SATS Lounge.
I assume that those lounges are money-wise favourable.

I don't know if a *A C Ticket is giving you access to the LH BIZZ Lounge.

Last edited by moeser; Dec 29, 2011 at 5:58 am
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by tcm
all the best for the new year!
Thanks,same to you !
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Primier Gold, DL nada, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum
Sorry for such a dated bump. Not sure where the best forum would be for my question.

I am flying JetBlue JAX-JFK and then TK jfk-ist-acc on friday on 2 separate PNRs as TK wouldn't ticket all the way through from JAX. I see, though, that TK/Jet Blue are now interline partners. I am *G, flying comfort class on TK and unfortunately, arriving early morning at JFK from JAX and the TK flight does not leave until 1825. Does anyone have any insight as to:

1) Whether Jetblue can check my luggage through to ACC despite 2 pnrs?
2) I suspect no to 1. If not, I suspect the TK counter will not open until about 2pm. Is my best bet not to check luggage, remain airside and use a UA lounge pass in the appropriate terminal? Is there another lounge that would be better accessible/allow me to deal with checked luggage all day?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
In case you cannot check luggage and have PriorityPass you could spend the day at the Oasis lounge in T4 at JFK as it is landside. It also has some great plane spotting views. I think a day pass is $45 should you not have PP.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:31 pm

TK lounge at JFK?

Thanks! Looks like oasis honors the free lounge pass that came with my ink bold. Does anyone know if they enforce the "three hour limit" noted on the lounge pass Webpage?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
TK has more than one flight to IST from JFK. I think there is one leaving around 13.00. The check in counters will be open. You can always ask them if you can check in early for your 18.25, get your boarding pass and use the LH lounge at Terminal 1.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:58 pm

TK lounge at JFK?

Thanks when I looked I only found one leaving later than mine. Good news.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Thumbs down Alitalia Lounge JFK

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the AZ lounge a tad basic to say the least? The LH lounge was not available as I was on Tk12 departing at 2315. Surely TK can do better by seeking some sort of arrangement with LH?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:23 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Apparently there are plans for a new dedicated TK lounge at JFK (mentioned in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...l#post19958114)
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:58 am

A tad basic is a nice wording for the AZ lounge. Plastic cups and the cheapest wine they can find and a snack selection like in United Clubs. The *G section of the LH lounge is really a different world, regrettably closed for the 23:15 departure. I agree with the op that TK should find an agreement with LH.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:48 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Oh right, the LH lounge would've been better to go in that the KE lounge TK used to rent. When did the lounge switch to AZ from KE?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LUV A-List, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond!
JFK lounge access for 11:55 pm flight

Hello everyone. Myself and the misses will have a 2.5 hr layover at JFK prior to catching our 11:55 pm flight to IST. We are flying in Business and I noticed the 2 lounges in terminal 1 are Lufthansa (which close at 9:30 pm) or Korean which I could not find times for.

Do I have any ther lounge options that do not involve leaving and re-entering security?

Thx!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:21 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
It's Alitalia instead of Korean. At least based on my flight out on 29 December. And personally, it's an effing disgrace of a lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, LUV A-List, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond!
Wow this is pathetic! Is there seriously no other option?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Similar situation for me, if my JFK-IST segment is O fare and I show up early, will TK agent offer me to board earlier flight (TK2)? This way I'll have longer layover in IST to enjoy CIP lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.