Search

Business Class on Turkish

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 2:57 pm
DKM
Original Poster

Business Class on Turkish

Hi:

I'm flying to IST from ORD in May on Turkish. I've not flown with them before, so hoped someone could tell me about what I should expect in general and about the seats and service in Business in particular.

Many thanks.

David
Old Feb 24, 2004, 5:10 pm

I've flown them economy years back..I did find this on their website in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.flyturkish.com/products.htm

Tony

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DKM:
Hi:

I'm flying to IST from ORD in May on Turkish. I've not flown with them before, so hoped someone could tell me about what I should expect in general and about the seats and service in Business in particular.

Many thanks.

David
</font>
Old Feb 25, 2004, 7:32 am
DKM
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tdnmd:
I've flown them economy years back..I did find this on their website in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.flyturkish.com/products.htm

Tony

</font>
Hi Tony:

This is great. I hadn't seen it so thanks for posting it.

David
Old Apr 7, 2004, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by DKM
I'm flying to IST on Turkish, what should I expect in general?
No special remarks on Turkish Airlines. They are a decent national airline. Comparable to European airlines like Alitalia, Iberia, etc. Turkish flies relatively new metal. Often passengers applause when the plane lands.

Arriving in IST on a long flight from the US will result in a jet-lag or at least the soar-crash feeling that travellers experience after long, rapid air travel. To fresh up there is something far better than the customary shower at the hotel after arriving. Go to the hamam. You will find it very refreshing and you will feel far better after your long air travel.

I have no special advice for novices flying Turkish Airlines. Istanbul Atatürk Airport is modern and efficient. Airport Security is efficient and tough. Before flying even my shoes had to go trough the scanner, what in Europe is exceptional. Though it gives you a safe feeling. In case you like to buy some presents like Turkish tea or sweets: shops at the airport are more expensive than in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.